Traction control button

• Sponsors (?)

Ok let me be a little more specific.
I have a button on the dash that is labeled "Traction Control System" I cannot find this row of buttons in the owners manual. I was just asking what the traction control system does. I know it controls the traction, be a little more specific please.

Dude, there just messin with you ok ? The traction control is part of the Anti lock braking system, which electronically protects you and the car, when in slippery or wet road conditions from skidding or when taking sharp curves at spirited speeds..If you really want to lite your tires up, when on the track or racing..All you have to do, is press the traction control button, and it temporarily turns it off..However, as soon as you turn off the ignition..the traction control is no longer off, when you restart your car again..So anyway, there you have it..However, I'm very surprized that you didn't know, what it was..and I'm sure the other guy's probably, didn't take you as being very serious..:shrug:

Thank you, that was exactly the information I was looking for.

As for them messing with me, at first I used to get kinda mad. Then I read the post here and got to know some of them better. I dont take offense because they dont mean any. They just want to enjoy themselves, and kids are prown to mischeif. They would be the first ones to look at my new car and give me a thumbs up. Then ask me to buy them beer.

APowers said:
Thank you, that was exactly the information I was looking for.

As for them messing with me, at first I used to get kinda mad. Then I read the post here and got to know some of them better. I dont take offense because they dont mean any. They just want to enjoy themselves, and kids are prown to mischeif. They would be the first ones to look at my new car and give me a thumbs up. Then ask me to buy them beer.

LOL! I've been able to buy beer (legally) for about 16 years, but I'd still give ya a thumbs up :nice:

gp001 said:

Think this may be why some are posting low 14's on 1/4 mile times? Until reading it here and on antoher forum I would have thought it would be better to leave on TC so you don't waste time spinning. But it basically makes you car stall down a little to try to gain back control. That would definitly slow down 1/4 mile times.

Any 14's here forget about the TC button?

radtexas said:
Think this may be why some are posting low 14's on 1/4 mile times? Until reading it here and on antoher forum I would have thought it would be better to leave on TC so you don't waste time spinning. But it basically makes you car stall down a little to try to gain back control. That would definitly slow down 1/4 mile times.

Any 14's here forget about the TC button?

EXACTLY CORRECT!!! Slows ya down on take off.:nice:

APowers said:
Expermited with the control today. Basically with the TCS on, it bites the pavement and takes off like a bat out of hell.
TCS off, it burns rubber then takes off like a bat out of hell.
I can see the TCS saving me some money on tires.

Yes, you will save on your tire budget, but if you drive aggressively all the time, make SURE that you check your brake pad thickness OFTEN. Brake pads are not all that expensive and they are quick and easy to replace, but if you let them go metal to metal, then you will wish you had the tire bill instead.