Tried out the Zex today

Jimp

Apr 9, 2005
Well my buddy came over and checked over my system, said it all looked good. He told me I might not be able to tell much difference with a 75 shot. To be honest, he's right. It feels strong at WOT, but then it always does. Either it's not working or my butt dyno needs to be calibrated. I'm going to try it again tomorrow morning and try his tip: floor it with the system off and then flick it on. He said that I shouldn't bother with a 75 shot, I should go straight to 125. (Do we think alike or what?) I did notice that it seemed to pull better past 4k rpm. I'm anxious to hear scrming's report.

• Sponsors (?)

Sweet!! When you running to Alabama? That dyno sure sounds good about right now..

Be nice to see what the 75 shot is doing.. Powerhouse's data sheet was based off of a 75 shot.. His lower end torque was 439(2800rpm)... It is possible however this could be wrong, and the shot was mor like 125 or 150..

Use the Gtech Jimp... Run it with the NOS off, then on.. It will give you a difference.. Just do a HP run.. Set it to HP.. This way you can just go from 1st to 3rd, tacking out 3rd and get a HP number based from the Gtech..

The number is not the important part.. What is, is the spread between the NOS on and off..

So set the weight to 3490lbs.. Then go from 1st to 3rd gear.. Get the 2 numbers, and subtract the OFF from the ON.. Tell us the difference between the 2 numbers..

Do it this way, so people dont try and draw conclusions based the HP number.. We just want to test the difference at a 75shot, on and off..

You have time to do this soon? It should take less than 25min..

MSP said:
Sweet!! When you running to Alabama? That dyno sure sounds good about right now..

Be nice to see what the 75 shot is doing.. Powerhouse's data sheet was based off of a 75 shot.. His lower end torque was 439(2800rpm)... It is possible however this could be wrong, and the shot was mor like 125 or 150..

Use the Gtech Jimp... Run it with the NOS off, then on.. It will give you a difference.. Just do a HP run.. Set it to HP.. This way you can just go from 1st to 3rd, tacking out 3rd and get a HP number based from the Gtech..

The number is not the important part.. What is, is the spread between the NOS on and off..

So set the weight to 3490lbs.. Then go from 1st to 3rd gear.. Get the 2 numbers, and subtract the OFF from the ON.. Tell us the difference between the 2 numbers..

Do it this way, so people dont try and draw conclusions based the HP number.. We just want to test the difference at a 75shot, on and off..

You have time to do this soon? It should take less than 25min..

I'm going to the track this weekend. I'll make runs with and without the juice. I was just out and tried it again. I can definitely tell the difference in the upper rpm ranges. It just keeps pulling all the way to redline. It doesn't run out of breath like it usually does. Hope I don't empty the bottle before the weekend! :rlaugh:

Jimp said:
I'm going to the track this weekend. I'll make runs with and without the juice. I was just out and tried it again. I can definitely tell the difference in the upper rpm ranges. It just keeps pulling all the way to redline. It doesn't run out of breath like it usually does. Hope I don't empty the bottle before the weekend! :rlaugh:

A dyno would be sweet.. But I bet you wont feel a real grunt until atleast 100 shot..

It is a telling sign that you cant feel much though with a 75 shot.. This reason is most likley why we are all nuts about the V6.. It does pull pretty good stock... Make sure the Gtech is plugged in nextime you run to the store.. Just a quick on and off HP test, will tell you whats going on..

MSP said:
A dyno would be sweet.. But I bet you wont feel a real grunt until atleast 100 shot..

It is a telling sign that you cant feel much though with a 75 shot.. This reason is most likley why we are all nuts about the V6.. It does pull pretty good stock... Make sure the Gtech is plugged in nextime you run to the store.. Just a quick on and off HP test, will tell you whats going on..

Ok, I will try that in the morning.

fazm83 said:
You should feel a 75 shot pretty good, on a base v6 its going to be like a 40% increase in power, and thats significant. you should be able to feel a 10% difference, and a 40% should be like night and day.

I'm wondering if it's working at all at this point. I reprogrammed it just to make sure. I'll try it again tomorrow.