Trip checklist

Shawneebear93

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
May 4, 2004
Salisbury Twp, Allentown, PA
I'm going away this Sunday until Saturday. About a 2 hour, 250 mile (round trip) to the beach. I plan to check my oil, tire pressure, washer fluid and make sure I've got my breakdown kit in the hatch (flares, flashlight, jumper cables, air pump, blanket). Just curious to see what you guys do, if anything, before you make a long trip. More importantly, to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

• Sponsors (?)

I always bring a small toolbox w/basic hand tools, voltmeter, flashlight w/good batteries, rags, WD-40 and duct tape.

And like I always say 'the best insurance you can carry is a cell phone and AAA card w/the extended towing option!'

Don't forget the tunes, oh yea, I always have my handy floor jack, air compressor, & tools just in case a Chevy may need some help.
492429_131_full.jpg

And safety first, the fire extinguisher
492429_135_full.jpg

It will be ok, you have the power of REEF BLUE to watch over you on your trip. Enjoy and don't forget the extra towels to cover your seats for the ride home :spot:

evintho said:
I always bring a small toolbox w/basic hand tools, voltmeter, flashlight w/good batteries, rags, WD-40 and duct tape.

And like I always say 'the best insurance you can carry is a cell phone and AAA card w/the extended towing option!'

You cant forget the duct tape :nice: I would say take some basic tools with ya, like a socket set and some screwdrivers.

Like so:
314319_195_full.jpg

If your car is in decent running condition, you really shouldn't need much of anything. A couple years ago, I was driving 120 highway miles per day for three solid weeks, and never had to do anything but fuel up every three days. You should be fine with the very basics.

Brian

My last long road trip was 6 hrs, from Olney Il to London Ky for training. It was ok on the way there. But while there, my alternator crapped out again. Luckily I was able to get another at Advance and replace it in the usual 5 minutes :rolleyes: Then on the way back, the clutch went out on my A/C compressor, so no A/C for me. As soon as I got back I replaced that alternator with a 3G upgrade. The clutch I did myself with the help of Autozone Loan a Tool program and my wife helping too. Really 2 hrs is not much of a road trip, it will just get ur muffler warmed up :nice: