Trunk Springs

I noticed after taking my trunk lid off and carpet out to do a new stereo that my trunk lid shakes. Now I haven't taken into what parts are all back there. But I think I may have lost a part, I don't remember taking it off, but I think it's gone. Does anyone have a pic of where the springs on the trunk lid meet the body of the car, I think there were some rubber stoppers there, but I am not sure.

• Sponsors (?)

I noticed after taking my trunk lid off and carpet out to do a new stereo that my trunk lid shakes. Now I haven't taken into what parts are all back there. But I think I may have lost a part, I don't remember taking it off, but I think it's gone. Does anyone have a pic of where the springs on the trunk lid meet the body of the car, I think there were some rubber stoppers there, but I am not sure.

Are you referring to the two springs next to the gas shocks the hold the lid up? They are fastened to the lid towards the inside next to the shocks and have a rubber cushion on the end where they touch the body of the car when closed.

I am, but is there any type of rubber stopper on the body itself? I am thinking that's why my trunk shakes up and down while driving.

The rubber stopper is attached to the end on the spring that comes into contact with the body when the trunk lid is closed. There are no other rubber bumpers in or around the trunk lid. If those are not offering enough resistance I suspect you have to adjust either or both the latch and hinges.