Tuner Killed Ecm?

welchy

Active User
Mar 30, 2006
I live in California so I had to put stock airbox and tune for smog. When I put cold air intake back on and attempted to reflash ecm tune failed to install. I followed instructions on tuner and tried to install back to stock. Failed again. Tried a third time and tuner went dead, or so I thought. Apparently ecm no longer communicates. I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of this happening?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sponsors (?)

42 views and no replies. Guess I must be the only one. I must just be lucky that way. I have to say that I am more than a little hesitant to tune my car at this point. ~$1400 hit will do that to you.

Dealer did say that the fuse for the instrument cluster was blown. They also said the computer wouldn't communicate. Their word not mine. Replaced computer.

After doing further research on the interwebz, if you lose power ( as i did with the blown fuse ) while you are tuning the computer will take a crap. Now my tuner status is program failed and with new computer I can't/won't attempt to reinstall. Guess I will be contacting SCT and Brenspeed on Monday to see if they can help me.