turbo turbo turbo

I'm sorry but you do appear to be giving bad and inaccurate info out, along with a lot of mis information. You said no science, so I won't justify this claim as of yet. However if you wish me to do so, I will comply. :)

• Sponsors (?)

300bhp/ton said:
But what do you mean by LAG, the common mistake that it's where in the rpm range boost is made or the real reason of what happens after a STALL period, where the reduction in exhaust gas flow cases the turbo to reduce it's speed halting boost, this combined with any high pressure air trapped between the turbo and the TB (is a dump valve isn't being used) causes the impellar to stall.

lag and surge/stall are two completely different events. stall has to do with flow separation at the individuals blades, which is a function of the compressor load and pressure gradiant. lag is a term given to the time delay to build boost as compared to direct driven unit. the stall doesn't refer to the physical speed change of the wheel, but of the compressed medium.
dave

OK So I know I am bringing back a dead thread but everyone seems to bash the STS kit because the turbos and inlets are low to the ground. I don't understand is Lingenfelter Performance a POS too, cause on my last vette it kicked ass, the turbos were low. And with a properly sized turbo and piping your piping length is not going to have a huge effect.

I have driven a friends Trans Am with an STS kit and a C5 vette with a STS kit and both drove very well, and in my opinion accelerated much better than any I have driven with a supercharger.

I also like how everyone says "well he can run that all motor so big deal he can do it with a turbo" Have you EVER driven a NA 700bhp car more than 30 miles at any given time with 4.10 gears it can be done but it SUX.

Is it true a vette or mustang or gto can go 10s NA YES, but how about you go cruising with that car, or keep up with me on the highway.

Those may be modified kits but they are not that modified, and the places where everyone claims the kit to be week is not what was modified.

Some of the STS Kits are intercooled, for those who said they are not.

All said I will probably end up with a powerhouse kit on my car because I don't want to deal with customizing the piping but the STS is a good kit.

For those who say well there is too much lag with that piping, well no there really isn't and this is true for any turbo kit provided the turbo is sized properly. If you just put any turbo on there yea you may end up with a great amount of lag but technology has gone so far that you can make a turbo set up with next to no lag what so ever.

Honestly I am half tempted to get a STS kit and set it up on my car just to let you guys ride in one and see what it can really do.

And lets not forget if a half ass cheap tuner/installer is who puts the kit on its probably gonna suck too, because its not just who builds a kit but who puts it on.

I don't mean to rant or bash or in any way flame anyone but really this seems like people who are pushing against something they have little to no knowledge about. :shrug:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/c5corvetteturboviews.htm

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :flag: