Tweecer and WinME

Dan95-5.0

Jun 14, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
well i got a laptop to use with my tweecer R/T. its an old one but meets the requirements to run the tweecer software. all i need is a new battery for it. just running off of AC for now.

i had win98 on it but upgraded to WinME. when i tried connecting the installed tweecer USB into the port, no pop-up came up to ask for the driver.

i tried the tweecer on my desktop PC with XP and it asked for the driver right away and had no problems in caledit.

is there a special way to do it with WinME? am i doing something wrong here?

stupid EECTuning forums are down again for almost a week so theres not much searching i can do

• Sponsors (?)

got it to work yesturday. i guesse i had a brain freeze or something when i first tried it.

while i was at work i realized what i needed to do.

heres what i did to make it work.

-power up laptop

-start Caledit

-plug in usb from tweecer to laptop

-***turn key to the on position***

this is what i forgot to do. the stupid "Getting Started" instructions are so vauge sometimes and didnt say to have the key in the ON position. before i installed the tweecer to the EEC, i plugged it into my desktop PC and it worked.

install wizard popped up and everything went smooth from there

no wonder people give up using the tweecer, the instruction with the software sucks.

i already read the EEC, wrote it to all the positions on the switch, and did a little datalogging on the driveway (Crappy weather all week).

once i get a good laptop battery, i'll do some good datalogging

no wonder people give up using the tweecer, the instruction with the software sucks.

I can see how you might think along those lines :)
but
You'll be just fine :nice:

Peeps in the past who I felt had a lot on the ball would always tell me
a little phrase that kinda comes to mind at this time.

"When the going gets tough" ... "The tough get going" :Word:

"You gotta think tough if you're gonna be a Self Tuner" ;)

btw ... I made that one up :D ... Just for You :hail2:

OH NO :crazy:

I almost forgot another good one that goes with Tweecer Tuning :bang:

"Instructions" ... "We don't need no stinking instructions" ........
"We got the internet" (that is ... if the site is up) :rlaugh:

Grady

lol funny thing is I went thru the same thing, I pulled out my comp and checked the connections agian, tried everything I could to get it working, then I looked at the instructions and fixed my problem in 1 second.

oh i'm far from giving up. it feels great to be able to work on the car without being under the hood or under the car but instead be sitting in the passenger seat on a laptop.

its been like 2 weeks with the EEC Tuning forum down.

i'm just going to do small basic changes for now such as idle, fan temps, EGR, and air delete.