Roush UH OH!! need help ASAP guys...

mattch2

Jan 20, 2003
Niagara Falls
okay guys the other day I had my car out and i decided to get on it while in 2nd gear... i brought it up to redline then shifted into 3rd but it never shifted....my rpm's just kept banging of rewdline for a steady 5 secs or so ..I didnt realize right away but my facking floor mat had pressed the gas peddle down all the way to the floor.... so once i realized it i took it out and stopped the car..when i put it back into 1st gear and started to let the clutch out i heard a knocking noise coming from the engine... now it does it in neutral,1st gear and 2nd gear..but it quietns down in 3rd and forth but you can still hear it.. I cant determine if its coming from the bottom end or the top end of the motor.... Do you guys know what extent of damage this has possibly done?.. Someone told me it may be a floating valve, and i may need a valve job done?.. I know it can be somethign else but what do you think id be looking at $$$$ wise is this scenario.. Id like to have a good knowledgble idea before i have it at the shop this week!!!!

Appreciate it guys!!

• Sponsors (?)

It's really hard to say definitely without listening to the engine myself but if the sound gets louder as you accelerate in the lower gears under load, most likely a rod knocking. Is it still running on all 8 cylinders? Seeing as you have a mod motor I doubt it's the valve train. They are pretty stout but anything is possible. Looks like an engine build is in your future.

floormats just suck. I drive without them. I would rather replace the carpet. Sorry to hear. I'm going to guess it's a rod. Sorry. That is just from experience with that situation.
I remember Dan ( footnfan ) had the same thing happen with his 95 S351. He got lucky though. Again, floormats suck and should only be used at carshows.