Underhood insulator keeps falling :(

chuckystang

Jul 12, 2004
Does anyone know if there is any kind of glue or double sided tape that will keep my push pins from falling out under the extreme tempertures under there? I recently replaced the insulator with a new one and now I cant get the pins to stay firmly in place, and the dam thing will fall down, not completely off but you get the picture, just annoying. thanks :D

• Sponsors (?)

O.D. Showtime said:
I think it's there to stop a tremendous amount of heat from reaching your hood's paint to prevent damage to it.

not true....... there are tons of guys on here running without insulators, and i've seen lots of guys with them off and no paint damage.......also aftermarket hoods don't come with liners

Hmm, ya I know it is on there for asthetic reasons as well as to protect the paint, but I have seen many without them with no problems. I had bought mine for looks only. So I wanted to know if there was any type of tape or glue that would help hold it up. I spent like $100 for the hold liner and pins from 50resto, and I just think it looks cool there but the dam thing just keeps fallin :rolleyes:

I got the same kit, use the stock pins if you can find them, the 20 dollar ones from 50 are pure crap. I wrote them and called but they wont do anything about it, they said installer error BS!

I will have to see if I have any of those still around, most of mine have fallen off. I like 50 alot but I was disappointed with the insulator and the pin order. I had to send the first one back because it had a dam hole in it! 50's pins actually looked longer and better than the stock ones, but worst case scenario, Im sure the dealer must have some stock pins. thanks