V8's are better than V6's (Right?)

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by faststang_728, May 19, 2004.

?

Which do you prefer and why?

1. V8

79.4%
  2. V6

10.8%
  3. 4 Cly

9.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro-Hawk

Pro-Hawk New Member

Well hell dude I tryed :bang: :D I would make a new thread on fuel ecnonomy because I don't people will view this one much anymore. Also I would find out what that came with stock on fuel economy that way you know where you are at and need to go.

2. GREENBIOCH

Founding Member

When I was driving the ex's 03 GT the gas mileage was very similar to my 98 V6. So I would say the gas mileage thing doesn't wash, and the ins. thing is probably for people with bad driving records and/or are young and less experienced drivers.

3. Mike3800

Founding Member

V6 since the V8 (GT and 99 and older Cobra) is slow for it's class (compared to F-body LS1 V8) whereas the V6 is much faster than most people expect it to be. Ever see a V6 stang take out a Lexus IS 300? I have.

My opinon.

BTW.. older 5.0's are a differnet story, those were... what I admire more than this 4.6 OHC... I'm talking about cars build in the last 10 years in my statments above.

4. Pro-Hawk

Pro-Hawk New Member

In my opinion I would close this thread :lock: :D

5. Mike3800

Founding Member

Your actions contradict your statments. If you wanted the thread closed... why did you post in it?

6. pinski

Founding Member

:confused:

So a stock V6 Mustang with 190 hp can take out a stock Lexus IS300 with 215 hp? I don't know about the weights of these two cars, but the Toyota 3.0L I6 is a better motor than the Ford 3800. JMO. Having driven both, I'd say stock for stock the Lexus would win.

7. Pro-Hawk

Pro-Hawk New Member

Your right I should have emailed 77Sleeper and asked him to lock it :nice:

Anyways my action/point is for people to get the idea that this is a dead issue and that replying to it saying this car is slow and that car is fast is pointless. They have already posted a warnning on the 4.6 talk threads about this Mustang on Mustang hate and I think its time we put this crud to rest. This threads has no tech help and has very little decent Mustang talk. That is just one mans opinion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.