Valve Covers-where Can I Get These Particular Ones?

JordanB21

Feb 6, 2012
Killeen, Texas
http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/pts/3291416205.html
I saw these and contacted the guy and he texted till I asked if he could ship (I would've gladly paid for first..).

Anyways I can't find a pair like them, with the textured gray, rough look that reads the "Powered by Ford"

They're absolutely gorgeous, won't get dirty easy, and everything I need. Not to mention the whole "Powered by Ford" feeds the theme for the build I'm planning.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure by the pic but they may be like 85 Mustang factory units. You can do rough, wrinkle, smooth, etc. powder coat. Also depending on what you have in mind they may not have enough room for roller rockers. Maybe someone can chime in to let you know.

The plan is economy build (soooo original, right?) GT40 heads(Ford explorer), GT40 Tubular(Ford lightning), Powered by Ford Valve Covers(see the pattern?). Aimed for anywhere between 300 to 350 horsepower to the wheels.

But maybe I'll post on four eyed pride and see if they've got more experience with these valve covers, i'll look for what the came off of.

btw, they are stock on four eyed mustangs http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?p=1444556

Wrinkle paint? Sounds great, comes in high temperature resistant form then?

I did look at these before, but I'm no fan of putting Cobra on a non-cobra engine/car. Now if my car were a 93 Cobra or newer, I'd be alll over it. But it'd feel like I'm lieing to myself by putting those on. Thanks though:p

I found some on ebay for 70ish in beat condition, might just get them, but if I were to put rockers on GT40 heads, how tall would the valve covers have to be to clear?

My uncle runs a DART 347 with roller rockers, with those exact covers. He ran them with no clearance issues...until he started drinking oil through the PCV system. He had to reinstall the baffles that help keep the oil out and he now runs those covers with a 1"spacer.

Spacers probably a great idea, just gotta worry about intake clearance now aha:p, 2 spacers for covers, and a spacer for the intake;)

Yup, its wrinkle gray spray paint. I have wrinkle black that I used to paint over Edelbrock logo on my air cleaner
possibly upload a picture?

And no one thinks it'll cover up the lettering much either? Would absolutely ruin the covers if it did:p