vent on gas station

I candy

Founding Member
May 9, 2001
Honolulu
so i'm in hawaii and we got these things called saftey check. kinda like some states have inspections and smog checks and stuff.

well we don't check smog but they do check noise level. and stuff like turn signals and horns, tint, insurance, tire thread, saftey and road saftey items and ect.

first let me say that hawaii has whats called a failed inspection in Hawaii. where if they find something wrong you have 2 weeks to correct the problem and bring the car back to pass. Or else you have to pay $20.oo and start all over again.

also its better to get the failed paper work incase you get pulled over. its better to have something than nothing. If you get a ticket I can go to court and show that you were in the proccess of getting legit, the judge usually lets you off the hook. (i've done it before)

so i go in to get inspected, the old guy comes out and takes one look at my car and starts back peddling. Pretty much won't touch my car cause its UGLY. Man was i pissed. my car is being worked on for repaint and its all rattle can primer and some original paint here and there. it runs fine, and all that.

I just need to park it on the road now.

I asked him whats wrong with it and he starts going that he has a whole list of things to check and he can tell that the car is going to be a problem. I tell em yeah i know but i got 2 weeks to fix it and bring it back.

he starts talking nonsence and all this and that. i tell em just look at it and if something is wrong then so be it. He says he has a whole list of things to go thought blah blah. and then to top it off..

i ask him to name one thing he has to do that may be wrong. then he says he has to check the steering. I said. it steers what? I drove it here.
By then i knew it was a lost cause. piss me off. hope the joint burns down.

(also no one ever checks the steering. its not on the list. you have a copy in the gove box)

(all i had wrong with the car was it was missing one headlight that was in my other car casue i took it off to referbish it. blown horn fuse, and my rear view mirror fell off.)

fricken 76 gas station in KAIMUKI can suck a big one.

just my vent

• Sponsors (?)

bring it back when its painted and then see what he says. Its so funny that a huge **** box can have decent paint on it and look better than a car that runs awesome with **** paint

Talk to people. There has to be some "friendly" inspector somewhere on the island. My guy will give you up to 5 extra months (as allowed by law) if you pay upfront and dont come near the end of the month. He just writes up the sticker, as long as your tires arent bald and your insurance and registration are good. But I live on the mainland. Ask other car people where you can get it checked, or even the guy who didnt want to check it in the first place. He might be able to give you some good info.

go somewhere else. there are plenty of places here on the island that will take care of you as long as you have the right attitude. Also are you local or military?

i'm a local mixed boy. I got my stuff at the regular gas station on ward that i go to. I just wasn't in the area that day i needed to park on the street.

Like i said the old guy just judged my car on its looks.

My car passed at my regular gas station. all i have to do is take off my tint and go back for the sticker.

I'll post pics once my car is painted in couple months.