Vid: TT Cobra and Cam'd Firehawk

well, i was driving the Formula, so here are the facts:

we started from a 35 roll the first time, then i think a 55, then a realllly low roll (like 15mph), then a 25 roll.

my car has a 224 cam (stock heads) with headers and true duals and i dyno ~380rwhp.

Ryan, the driver of the TT Cobra, is not a bad driver at all. He has a HP TT kit, which he has at 9# b/c he doesnt have any upgraded internals to support more boost. although i have been in the car on a cold night and we saw ~12#:eek:.

he(Ryan) also put down mid 400rwhp (either 440 or 460, i dont remember), at full boost. since his only upgrades are the turbos...before he spools up, hes only at what, maybe 290-300 rwhp (i dont know what a stock 97 Cobra dynos)? whereas this is my dyno before i finished tuning the car:
Imgp1256.jpg

im running stock 3.42 gears, and he is running stock gears as well. he wasnt late taking off either, he was the one honking, but like i stated before...i have the power advantage before he spools up.

we both knew he would beat me, and if he didnt...well, i wouldnt know what to say. i would jump out initially and then he would spool up and come by me, but one he got a car or two out front, his lead didnt grow.

Attachments

• Imgp1256.jpg
    Imgp1256.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Sponsors (?)

Damn word travels fast! :D
Tell Ryan to get his az ova here and post up. :nice:
We need to get together with a cam and go out again. Ryan had his cam the other night but said he was unsure of how I would feel about it so he didn't get any footage but we were flying.

Ryan is on his was back from Ga. he went to the dyno day at Modular Powerhouse. i remember your car from one night a while back at the Korger off Victory - that thing is a BEAST.

im not sure why he wasnt brake boosting....traction issues maybe? he has enough of them without brake boosting...

HISSN said:
Well i must say the **** slinging didn't get as bad over here as it did on SVTperf. Lets talk my setup.....HP TT kit with 50mm turbos 9psi, stock engine and tranny, stage 2 SPEC clutch, 3.73 gears (NOT stock). This next part will be a copy and paste of what i said on SVTperf...

HISSN said:
I would be the granny shifting driver of the cobra I will give credit were it's do, that formula is a mean running car!!!! now, I see there are lots of different opinions on this race. Like what was posted before i don't like to beat the **** out of my car for a win!! You can see my car has a totally stock engine and tranny, which i'm pushing to their limit. After those pulls, my tranny is whining like a KB, once it's done i'll be putting in a T56 and 3.27's or 3.55's. you all saw the race so, I got no excuses but being a slow shifter and starting out at 2000rpms What can i say i'm slow

HISSN said:
I wasn't there trying to prove my car or blow him away. I knew that with the power i made that no matter what "jump" he got i would catch up. I was pulled depending on the race 1-3 cars and caught back up and passed him. The last race i tried getting him to go at 45-50 which is 3rd/sitting 200rpm from boost(if i go while in boost i'll spin) and he wouldn't . From stop is pointless for me because i don't get traction. Before he got DR's we played a bit in a very short distance and i would pull a car spining 1st 2nd into 3rd. I'll say it once more because i don't deny it, his car is mean as hell, period.

I am sorry i didn't break my car for you all to see me beat a LS1, maybe next time :(

Ryan

My dyno......

Attachments

• twin50's2.JPG
    twin50's2.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 81
GreenMustangGt said:
Oh, they can be loud....my car is loud as hell, its louder than it was with the off road H, and old 2ch flows.

Your turbos are your mufflers though....most guys have mufflers ON TOP of turbos thus the "quiet" effect. Throw a pair of mufflers behind your turbos and its like having 4 mufflers. I read a lot that guys who run mufflers on turbo cars have cars that are really quiet. Especially with a quiet muffler.

Low-5.0 said:
Im kinda surprised the LS1 did that good, but Im not surprised that he jumped out that quick. With more cubes and NA power you don't need to wait for boost to take off fast. Here's another example, two of my friends racing, one in a 427W very similar to mine and the other in a 595RWHP 347 w/ s-trim. The vid is from the 427 car.
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=5792A429-C167-4AC2-9EAB-D0233912B9E4

:jaw: