35th Anniv Vorhees...VIN Info

• Sponsors (?)

Voorhees, I just obtained a 99 35th Anniversary Edition from the original owner. With it came a magazine titled 35 Years of the Ford Mustang done by Peterson Publishing. There is a small article on the anniversary model. I thought you may have an interest.

100_4226.jpg
[/IMG]

VIN check

Just wondering if this 99 convertible I just picked up is a 35th car.
If so I read it maybe a pretty rare one...white with a tan top.
The hood has been changed and I think the deck lid.
Buck tag doesn't say anything about it. Read somewhere the 2nd line says "Spec edition" or something like that.
Mine says
2055 SHOW
CONV
???????
????????? 39X

The VIN is 1FAFP45X2XF18009

Also where are you getting such detailed info on these VIN's?
I have been looking without much luck..

Oh and it doesn't hurt my feelings any if it is not an LE. It was not represented as one and I scored an amazing deal on it.
I just wanted to start gathering stock parts for it if it was rare.

Jason

Just wondering if this 99 convertible I just picked up is a 35th car.
If so I read it maybe a pretty rare one...white with a tan top.
The hood has been changed and I think the deck lid.
Buck tag doesn't say anything about it. Read somewhere the 2nd line says "Spec edition" or something like that.
Mine says
2055 SHOW
CONV
???????
????????? 39X

The VIN is 1FAFP45X2XF18009

Also where are you getting such detailed info on these VIN's?
I have been looking without much luck..

Oh and it doesn't hurt my feelings any if it is not an LE. It was not represented as one and I scored an amazing deal on it.
I just wanted to start gathering stock parts for it if it was rare.

Jason

I don't think you gave me the entire VIN# last six digits should be numeric. If not, its not an "LE".
Hard to tell based on what you have told me, but a white "Limited Edition" would not have came from the factory with a tan top. Only Black or white.
However, that does not mean someone did not change it out at some point.
The body buck tag behind the drivers headlight says "35TH".
Check your VIN# again and I can recheck it.

I have had the list of the 4,628 "Limited Edition" GT VIN's since probably 2000. I received them from the guy that ran the registry.

-Jason

Thanks Jason.
The buck tag definitely does not have 35th on it so it is not an LE.

The interior is parchment, but I am having a hard time finding the brown portion of the parts so it had me wondering if it was something special for an LE.

No big deal and actually I prefer it is not an LE that way I don't feel bad changing things up. :D

Thanks Jason.
The buck tag definitely does not have 35th on it so it is not an LE.

The interior is parchment, but I am having a hard time finding the brown portion of the parts so it had me wondering if it was something special for an LE.

No big deal and actually I prefer it is not an LE that way I don't feel bad changing things up. :D

Yeah, parchment was not the interior color in a "Limited Edition". When I bought my LE in 1999 I wasn't looking for a "LE", I was actually looking for a silver, cloth interior GT. No frills basically. The one I have was the only GT they had, they cut me a pretty good deal on it(cause it was $$$), so I took it.

:nice:
-Jason

Vorhees

I am new to this site and came across this thread. I dont think I have the LE (too many things have been changed to tell, all of which was changed by the original owner). Anyway, I am interested in the production number of my 99 GT Coupe. Vin is 1FAFP42X3XF137549

Thanks
Duncan