Forced Induction Vortech With Out P/s.,ac,and Smog ?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by Dustin D Gomes, May 20, 2013.

1. I have the oppertunity to purchase an older kit with a v-1 s trim for a fox body. Problem is my car (88 gt) has no AC, smog, and no p/s its been converted to a manual rack and pinion. Good deal for the kit, but from what I am understand it cant be run easily on my car because of the lack of these ? any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. X2 on the smog pump elim pulley. I ran that on my old stang with an S trim and no A/C.

If you don't want to go that route......Although this was for a carb setup, it should work fine. All you need is the appropriate alternator bracket.
  3. First off guys thanks for the replies. Just trying to get this all figured out before I purchase it. Hate to have one sitting in my garage with no use. So I'm also looking at vortech's installation manual. and it seems like I can run from the crank to the super charger. Then another belt for water pump, alternator to crank.
  4. when I ran no a/c or p/s with my s trim I ran a smog elim pulley, alt, ran the crank and waterpump routing like normal with a march a/c p/s delete that kept the tensioner. I don't see any reason not to keep the tensioner. the crank pulley vortech gives you has a place for 2 belts, one the serpentine and the other the blower belt.