vw's bashin the stang

• Sponsors (?)

The mustant only had striaghtpipes out the side, may have hurt power more than helped it. The VW, which actually comes with a poweradder, and had some mods done to it, didn't make much of a pull. This "it's a 4 vs 8" crap is a joke becauce the price of the two cars, I belive the VW is more, and everything is pushed into the little motor. Put a basic SC kit on that mustang and the VW owner will need a engine rebuild and about 10K in mods to compete. What happened is what happened, I'm not makine excuses for the 4.6, but I am pointing out how it is typical of ricers to get one of thier poster boys to race a mustang that isn't up to spec, and then posting it like it was a fair race. They don't want to run into one of my vehicles. My truck would gaybash them, my Camaro would do what F-bodies do to them, my mustang doesn't run, but when it did, it would have taken their lunch money, and even with a stock motor it could do the same.

Plus, they are roll racing retards, rolls are for bakeries.

As I've stated before, sohc 4.6's are just flat out hard to improve upon without major mods. I put down 203 hp with a stock auto on a mustang dyno, in good running condition. Add this to the additional weight of the sn95 "new edge" body and you have a combination for a not so impressive car.

if it was from a dig it would have been a lot closer.

i have an 02 GTI with a 1.8T, neuspeed chip and the other intake stuff, it peaks at 18psi but drops to about 15 at WOT. last night i was next to a late 80s vette, from a roll we were dead even but from a dig i didnt have a chance. the 1.8T is nothing to scoff at.

I know most of you are hardcore american or nothing guys, but if you drove my car you WOULD like it. The low end torque isnt there but when the boost hits (which is almost instantly because the turbo is so small) your hooked.

mind you my stang is twice as fast as the golf and would have eaten the vette alive no problem.:p

Like any other predator (and yes, although often laughable, even Farfegnugen appears on teh food chain), the weakest of the heard will be sought out for attack and consumption. The thing is: These guys like to think that since they were able to take one down that all can be put down. I would hazard a guess that the next run in with the same guy might have a different outcome given the relative ease and infinance of our heard. :D

Its pointless to race from a roll....

Second the VW's are pretty damn quick, that mustang is stock like 90mustanggt said, the side pipes were probably huirting performance, so that car stock is a low 14 second car, not that fast...VW turbo..i actually would have expected it to put a few more cars on the mustang.