Warranty denied

I've already got it planned. I've got a local mechanic that said he'll do it for me or just replace the rear end with one he's got sitting in a wrecked stang. Anyway, I'm going to let it sit for a while so I can get a Eaton Posi Limited Slip, Moser 31 spline axles, new 3.73 gears and the bearing kit. They want over $1,000 for parts to fix the rear end when I can get a new take-off one for $500.

• Sponsors (?)

I've already got it planned. I've got a local mechanic that said he'll do it for me or just replace the rear end with one he's got sitting in a wrecked stang. Anyway, I'm going to let it sit for a while so I can get a Eaton Posi Limited Slip, Moser 31 spline axles, new 3.73 gears and the bearing kit. They want over $1,000 for parts to fix the rear end when I can get a new take-off one for $500.

Yeah the upgrades are the way to go. At least then this crappy experience has a positive outcome.:nice:

Its funny with warranties and mods... its all about the dealer. I had one dealer pretty much tell me where to go and the next one replaced a head under warranty no questions asked. I had full exh, chip, gears, pulley, CAI etc.:shrug:

even IF it could be proven the FRPP gears caused the damage, would they still not warranty THEIR work? If they installed the gears properly, the entire rear end wouldnt just go to hell. If they're installed improperly, it can wreak havoc on a rear end.

How long ago were they installed?

I went and looked at it today. I talked to the tech away from everyone and he said it basically leaked all the fluid out from the rear differential cover. He said the pinion seals were fine but everything just got real hot because it leaked.

He also told me the guy who did the work and he "doesn't usually do rear ends" so he basically told me the guy was a screwup anyway. The tech said the only reason the inspector denied it was because he saw the 3.73 stamped on the pinion.

The tech said that if I needed a new carrier to let him know because he may have one to fit it he would give to me to help me rebuild it.