wats compatible

tbfastr

Apr 7, 2006
hi im swaping 8 into an 4 cyl set up car.i dont have a trans and was wondering if anyone could tell me wat would fit in ther and wat i could get it out of.(besides a mustang)??thank you i need all the help i can get. by the way the cars a 93.thank you , tbfastr

• Sponsors (?)

I did a 93 a few months ago.

Here's a list of the things that must be changed.

Engine - not one thing on that entire 4 cylinder engine can be used with the 5.0, except maybe the PS pump.

Headers - h pipe - cat backs - O2 sensors - O2 hardness - all exhaust hangers - passinger side rear brake line must be modified - fuel lines, there on the wrong side - engine computer - main wiring hardness - injector wiring hardness - Coil - If auto, it won't fit, need AOD or C4 - auto shifter - tranny cooling lines - hoses - stock electric fan won't fit - radiator over flow bottle - MAF - Engine and tranny mounts - alternator cables must be lenghten, good time to change to a 3G alternator - all accessory brackets - driveshaft - gauge cluster, tach will be wrong - throttle cable - cruise control servo, 4 cylinder cable too short- power steering return line. The radiator is the same, but it's a good time to switch to a 3 core.

I already had a 5.0 long block that I rebuilt. It still it cost me between $2500 to $3000 in parts purchases. Most of the items I bought new. I left the 7.5 rear, but installed a locker carrier from a Ranger and it's holding up well. The 4 cylinder cars have 3.73 gears to get them moving. So far it's holding up. The 4 cylinder brake system is doing a fine job stopping to.

It would have been much easier and less expensive by buying 5.0 wreck and using it as a donor car.