"we think you have a cracked block"

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by Silver01NC, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Silver01NC

Silver01NC New Member

i had a minor coolant leak around the oil cooler adapter which was being investigated (along with the other stuff i've been posting). when i called at 4PM today for a status, they said "we have a concern. we think you have a cracked block.":jaw:

it took a half hour to make the drive from the office to the shop, all the time thinking about....

When i arrived they walked me over to the bay, saying "this is what we think the situation is." the car is up on the lift, coolant is slowly dripping from the block where the oil cooler adapter had been removed. "someone put the wrong gasket here between the adapter and the block, it fits the adapter face but it doesn't really fit the block. the block is fine, we just have to get the right adapter and gasket." :D :D :D

2. SVT32VDOHC

SVT32VDOHC waiting for the next hack atta
    Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Thats good news. I had to replace that adapter that fits to the block before. It had a crack in it. When I started the car up, my buddy is like waving his hands nonono:nono: . I am like what man...I get out to see about 3 quarts of oil on the floor. oops