Welding in FLSFC

H What 4.6

Jul 29, 2005
This weekend I will be getting in my fathers shop to install Blisteins, MM XDLCAs, Pro-Kit, MM FLSFC, and new bushings. Question is, should I install the subframes before or after doing this work. Also, What method have others used to get underneath to weld them. I don't have a drive on lift. I'm thinking of lifting it and dropping it down on some blocks, just not sure if it will be a safe method?(as in sitting properly) Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

You should really use an alignment rack for best results. Most will say that all 4 wheels need to be on the ground(drive on lift) but idk if the block trick will work. BTW your car is gonna feel like a completely different car.

Yea I cant wait to not feel like im driving a boat.... But I'm not worried about being under it while its resting on something (cinder blocks for instance). I'll still have the lift withing range of supporting the vehicle if for some crazy reason it would want to drop some how..... I'm worried about the possibility, etc, of resting it on something resulting in a distorted position...etc..

I may just take it to a mustang shop a town over and let them do it. If i were to, do you think it would be better to take it before or after the other mods, or does it not matter at all?

The order in which you install the mods doesn't matter at all, but be sure to install those subframe connectors with the suspension bearing the vehicle's weight. If you don't, the subframe connectors will be constantly under stress because the unibody will be trying to flex back to the way it sits naturally.