went to the track. vids inside

82CapriRS

Dec 3, 2004
New Jersey
went to the track lastnight to do some runs on motor an nitrous, unfortunately i had problems with the nitrous kit so no runs with the spray. ran 13.7-13.8s every run but 2 runs where it just wouldnt hook up an thats when i ran a 14.0 and a horrible 14.8. trap speed was 100mph for the good passes every time. 60ft's where right around 2.05-2.1 an the best ive had on these tires (nitto dr's). heres some of the runs.

these runs were on the same setup ive had. didnt get the air gap intake on yet. next friday ill try to run again on motor with the new intake an some spray.

View attachment 266432

View attachment 266433

View attachment 266434

View attachment 266435

View attachment 266436

• Sponsors (?)

awesome dude...no one calls me though...looks like it was pretty deadthere ...and nice and cold...good nite to run! I havent been there in 2 friggin years

i like that first vid where you destroyed that civic hatch with no front bumper as if he needs additional air flow to his fake intercooler....

completely forgot bro, my bad. im goin next friday too just so you know ahead of time. i need to spray it an see what i run. i didnt get to record the last run i had, i got beat by a turbo'd hatchback civic on slicks. it ran 12.7@110 to my 13.7@100. i completely destroyed him off the line, he caught me by the time i hit half track. either case it was fun like always.

It's all good haha I was stuck at work till 7:30 anyway. I had a turbo Civic hatch hang right with me on the stre...track...when I had my 97 Cobra...I ended up getting him by a nose...but I also had a 300 lb passenger with me. They can be quick but lose a ton of drivability and are usually gutted...and when is the last time you saw a 12 second Mustang running on all-out slicks? Not to start a "why imports suck" topic but the idea that a gutted built turbo Civic is a high 12 second car cracks me up haha.

haha yeah. plus i mean these civics have motor swaps an the turbo or nitrous, or even both. with some small mods our cars are pretty quick, gotta love 5.0's. although i wish mine ripped like 25th's stang. hes basically my idol, i want to run 12s on stock heads an cam really bad!

Wow those Nittos don't seem to hook worth a crap....get that 60 down more and you'll be mid-low 13s all motor and deep in the 12s with spray. Those sportline springs aren't helping you at all though...too low and not enough rise in the front and squat in the rear. Also i'd go with a Stealth over the Airgap but i'm biased :D

yeah the tires suck, but i think its mostly because the suspension i have like the crappy sportlines, good handling but horrible for tracktion. the car does move at all front to back. i have the airgap so im gonna throw it on, or maybe see if i can sell it for the stealth, i was lookin at that intake but i got a good deal on the airgap. either one is better then the 289 performer i have now. this friday ill be on slicks hopefully so we see how low of a 13 i can get. i want 12s with the 50 shot i shouldnt have a problem. my lil goal is 12s on motor though, after the intake is installed im gonna throw some 1.7s on it for a lil more power. should help right? any other lil things to help me with my little goal?

yeah they suck on the track. on the street there pretty good but i dont think there any better then my bro's bfg street tires. i found the problem with the nitrous, the window switch blew apart. im still fighting with summit about a new one. as of now i have to real careful with spraying because i dont have a window switch now. i had the digital summit window switch an now i think i might just go with the msd one for $35 more. cant buy anything for another week atleast though. ill prolly spray 3rd an 4rth at the track untill i get the window switch

Nitto's are only good on the street. They suck on a track.

Maybe the juice will work for you next time.

Never had a problem with them at ALL...ran them on my 89 iroc-z 350 tuned port spraying a 100 shot out of the whole ran 1.7 60fts with them...

What tire pressure are you running?

How long do you Heat them up for?...

Dont blame the tire right away until you know the Facts......

thats why i said i think its mostly my suspension. ive tried a bunch of different tire pressures. 15, 20, 25, 30, 35. so far the best 60fts came with 30. i heat them up in 2nd gear. start in first gear shift to second an hold it around 5 grand for a sec or 2 then drag it up to the line. what psi should i run? how long of a burnout? im open for suggestions, although there about done tread wise now. ill still try it. still hook up on the street so im guessin they have some life left in them, idk.

oh, and you ran them in a car that probably had a better weight transfer, and heavier so cant really compare it. i get what your sayin though an think unless i run slicks i wont be running any good 60ft's. id really like to get it down to atleast high 1.7s or low 1.8s. its gotta be possible on slicks.

lol. weight transfer is needed, i have none. i wanna try the 50 shot from the start, then move to 100 an maybe 150. need a window switch first to be able to spray from the line. wish the track was open more around here. i hate knowing my best time so far is only a 13.7, its to slow lol