Went to the track

Jimp

Apr 9, 2005
My nitrous isn't working right so I didn't run with that. All runs were with an 87 octane tune. I didn't think to try the 93 octane tune once I realized I wouldn't be able to run NOS. My first run I got the best time but the worst reaction time. I wasn't prepared for how fast the lights came down. By the third run my reaction time was pretty good, I'm sure with a few more runs I'd have gotten even better. This was my first time at the track. I pretty much just floored it from idle on the first run. I tried to power brake on the next two but didn't do any better. I'm thinking that with practice and a 93 octane tune I could have gotten into the 14s.

About the nitrous: It has never worked with the throttle the way it's supposed to. I'm not sure why. The first time I tried it, it would arm but not spray. The second time I tried it, it would always spray when armed. I've redone the wiring twice now and tried to reprogram it countless times. It just doesn't seem to recognize the TPS. I'll call ZEX on Monday to try and figure out what the problem is. :shrug:

Attachments

• track times3.jpg
    track times3.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Sponsors (?)

kevins05v-6 said:
yep, freakin' humidity is brutal, good times though!!

Ok, looked it up on the Weather Channel website. About the time I was running it was 89 degrees and 67% humidity. I think with a 93 octane tune and a little practice I could have gotten into the 14s. This is with an open rearend and stock gears. Plus an 87 octane tune.

so u have no mods done other than axle back and intake? do u think someone with a 5 speed can expect those times that u pulled without mods? im waiting to do exhaust and intake after my wheels. are there any wheels out that are decently light but a larger diameter (18's)

red05v6stang said:
so u have no mods done other than axle back and intake? do u think someone with a 5 speed can expect those times that u pulled without mods? im waiting to do exhaust and intake after my wheels. are there any wheels out that are decently light but a larger diameter (18's)

With a tune you should be able to get into the 14s easily. And the CAI adds around 20 hp btw. Not sure how much the axle-back adds.

im lookin at pickin up the one chevysdaddy mentioned in the other thread, and doing the GT take offs. this will open everything up and also pull some better air through. im just worried that with all this done and i take it in for warranty work they will turn me around at the door and say that i voided whats being done. as well as im trying to have this car for the long haul.

red05v6stang said:
im lookin at pickin up the one chevysdaddy mentioned in the other thread, and doing the GT take offs. this will open everything up and also pull some better air through. im just worried that with all this done and i take it in for warranty work they will turn me around at the door and say that i voided whats being done. as well as im trying to have this car for the long haul.

Try taking it in with a nitrous kit, lol.

LOL well thats not on my list LOL if i can brake 14 and possibly get down around 14.6-.7 id be one happy camper. but does all this mess with warranty? with the tune and intake and exhaust and all that stuff?

red05v6stang said:
LOL well thats not on my list LOL if i can brake 14 and possibly get down around 14.6-.7 id be one happy camper. but does all this mess with warranty? with the tune and intake and exhaust and all that stuff?

I seriously doubt it. The would have to prove that what you did caused whatever problem that you are having.

Most muffler replacements give avg of 8hp to 10 withe a tune.

The saleman I work with at the dealership is a racer and has a sick fast modded 04 cobra. He said get the sct2 and put the default tune back on before bringing it in. He said bolt on muffler and cai should be no problem.

The dealer has to prove the mod caused the failure.