What a May-Ron! Here's what NOT to do.

• Sponsors (?)

steer-by-wire? i dont see that as being his fault no matter how it happened, just last year after a local car show an older guy was driving home in his 57 chevy when his detachable steering wheel came off at 60-70mph..he did the same thing but hit a ditch and unfortunately lost his life

~Mark~

I've seen this video before a couple of months ago, but never noticed the tow rope from the vehicle ahead. I just thought it was a couple of rally-ricers that had a tie rod end disconnect or something during a really mild turn... :shrug:

The steering wheel lock idea sounds plausible, but I gotta wonder, how far had they been towing it before that moment came up? I can't even get the steering 1/4 of a turn in one direction or the other in any car I've ever been in before it clicks into a locked position.

Watch the video. You can clearly see when the steering wheel locked. Both of those yahoos tried turning back to the right but the wheel didn't go. You can also see where it locked into place during his left hand turn.

there most likely isnt even a keystart in the car. The steering wheel locked yeah, but it wasnt becuase they forgot to put the key in the on position.....something obviously broke in the front end you can even hear it.

Nevermind the fact they are doing like 45mph around turns using a tow strap.