what do i do?

03v6

Sep 10, 2004
Georgia
alright ,, im 16 had a mustang for 5 months, want a wrx 2.0 turboed, i can get the one i want w/ around 60,000 miles for 12 ... my car is 03 with 18 thou miles,,, i paid 12 for it... when i got it it had 9500 miles on it.... what do i do... my parents say keep the mustang... but if i can prove to them the inusrance will go down ... im sure they would change thier minds... yes i am one of those spoiled dudes whose parents pay for everything... i apologize.. lol

thanks,
lovell

• Sponsors (?)

ah, before my mustang i wanted a WRX... at that time you could not find any under 15g!
i thought better of it, and rather than be surrounded by a 'ricer crowd' i wanted a crowd i could be proud of. i know, back then, i really liked that car, i thought it was awesome looking, but now i look back and think 'kinda good looking four door.' From my expieriences, the girls like the stang better than the rice rocket. (PS: Dont ever rely on your car to get you dates, lol, i just know that the girls like my car better than the 02' Black WRX sitting in the school parking lot with my favorite enkie rims (RS6 :nice:) and a big aluminum wing :notnice:)

yeah true

girls do like the mustang more but,, no guys do.. they realize the meaning of displacement... and its a v6.. now the wrx is an i-4 though ... the thing is its turbo....all my friends are into the car thing and we/they realize just becuase its a 4 cyl doesn't mean you have to rice it out... not to mention i am in a pretty serious relatioship at the moment her name is mary.. so im not completely worried about the girls...for now anyway... plus i don't like the red mustang.. i wanted black... and here is the chance to get the black car... so i have to ask myself... which would sound "cooler" revvin the 4 cyl and hitin the redline and the hks bov blowin off and dumpin the clutch and completely destroyin v8 off the line, just off the line...or the 3.8l v6 hittin the rev limiter and dumpin the clutch and burin one tire lol...

lovell

I don't think you'll be able to pull it off. It won't be an even trade; your car has depriciated. And since your parents will probably be the ones making up the difference, it's gonna be their call and they're saying keep the Mustang.
I don't think insurance will be much cheaper. You're 16 and insurance companies aren't ignorant when it comes to the performance of cars(that's what killed the musclecar era).
I say just be glad your parents paid for your car and it's actually halfway decent compared to most other cars kids your age are driving.

true again

but ppl on autotrader are selling 03;s w/ 25 thou miles on it for 17 thou .. at the dealer ship we got mine from they were asking 16.. so i could. probably rip somebody off... it is nicer than what half of the people my age drive but they don't act like it.. thats what makes me not appreciate it as much

There is no doubt that the sound of a nice exhaust paired with a blow off valve sounds nice, but for someone like me it doesnt fit my 'style' and 'personality.' I love to be unique and all that stuff, but not to the extent that i paint my car bright grean and put orange, red, and white decals on the sides and hood, and a big bright orange spoiler to match. (Last nites episode of Pimp My Ride... anyone? lol, guess what there doing next weekned? 'the nthinkable,,, again!) (buy someone a new car and pimp it out instead of doing there jobs, lol)
But as for the WRX its a Flat 4 (H4?), not an I4 :mad: thats what made it cool, lol, its like a V4 but pushed all the way flat instead of 90 its 180 degrees... more effeicient and balaced, and requires a wider engine bay to put it all in. yeah... American Muscle > Import Muscle lol

03v6 said:
but ppl on autotrader are selling 03;s w/ 25 thou miles on it for 17 thou .. at the dealer ship we got mine from they were asking 16.. so i could. probably rip somebody off...

They're selling the cars for this or listing them?
Your car's only worth what someone's willing to pay. And no one in their right mind will pay those prices for a 2-year old V6 Mustang. Especially after a changeover to a new generation Mustang. I got my car when it was less than a year old for $12k. My little sister got her Premium Pkg '01 V6 with 5k miles for $13,500 in the summer of '03. And I'm sure everyone else here paid similar prices.

it is nicer than what half of the people my age drive but they don't act like it.. thats what makes me not appreciate it as much
What do your friends drive? I doubt half of them drive cars faster than a V6 Mustang. All my friends in HS had mid-90's "JAPANESE"(geez) econo-boxes, 80's GM FWD sedan POS'es, or their parents' SUV's. And I went to a private school...

So just get some rear gears and, if you have to, a supercharger and show them these cars aren't exactly slow just because they're not the V8. It'll probably be cheaper than trying to shuffle cars around.

EDIT: I can't believe J_A_P is filtered. WTF? I'm half asian and I don't even see a problem with that word. If they didn't want us calling them a slang word they shouldn't have bombed the crap out of us. :banana:

i go to a private school too... nissan titan 04 that smokes me and does 2 wheel burnouts in my face and calls me uni or sumthin gay like that, 96 mazda mx6 soon getting tt supra, supercharged mr2, another v6 mustang, brand new si,02 gt, like 2 95 camaros v6's, gti vr6, and another friend is about to get an sti,,, and ppl are selling them for that much,
... if i had the money for a supercharger i would have one.. i promise.. and how do you figure it would be cheaper than changin to a wrx then if it was cheaper which one would honestly get up to speed faster,, it would be close.... awd turbo or 1wd (basically) supercharged... then you gotta think about insurance... and my parents can still tell me what to do ... you honestly think they'll let me get a supercharger... i work as often as possible at a hardware store and with most of my spare money , i am taking flyin lessons ( gettin an early start on a career) so i really have no money

lovell

you are INCREDIBLY lucky to have a '03 v6 mustang, i have a '98 v6 mustang and consider myself somewhat lucky. if you want a different car, sell your '03 V6 for an older GT (possibly a highly modded '95 GTS?)

Im sorry but theres no way u can sell that for 17k because ive seen the retail on a brand new one and that was around 17 i guess without all the fancy add ons, but anyways, why do u want to be like the rest of them, that takes the fun outa it. I drive a 94 V6 Mustang 5-speed, and ill tell u right now, yea theres like what 2 cars faster than mine in the school parking lot. And what are they a GTO(New), and a 5.0 Mustang GT(88) and guess what the GT i raced him and his is 5-speed and i took him 1/4 mile and he just got me top end cuz i nailed the speed limiter (Damn computers, :bang: ) but the way i see it is u should just work on that one, that "1 wheel peel" is ezily fixed my a Locking differential, so there 1 problem solved, thats what i did. And so forth u can just Mod it. parts for your car are gonna b allot cheaper than parts for ur friends cars or that WRX and well ull get a hell of alot more bang for your buck. :flag:

you can get a new rear diff to make it posi for about 180 and stop the whole one wheel burn issue. But i agree with most of the people on here, keep the stang and mod it out.

I bought my 99 in 02 for 8000 and have put an additonal 6000 in to it (total of 14000 as you can see) and right now i am killin pretty much anything i come up against. The only thing kickin my ass are Porches and other $100,000+ cars on the autobahn (yes i am in germany and cant seem to break into the 170's yet, but soon will when my new t-56 gets here next week)

so keep the stang and get the new diff and if your still bummed go and get your ass a good nitrous kit. Just be smart about using it.

Note, for 3 grand more you can probably find a GT. Their prices are ranging around the 15,000 range right now because of the 2005's. You'd be happier with a mustang than a WRX. Although WRX's are nice cars, i'd recommend a Mustang GT or a Mustang 6 anyday. Put a supercharger from ATI on your stang or go with the basic cold air, true dual exhaust, a computer tuner, and suspension. You can get up to about 240hp if you do it right. If you do all this and put a psc-1 u can get up to 350hp or so. Maybe more if you do the right tuning to the computer and use good gas. That's my suggestion, but note that all this will cost you money... So I'd recommend getting a job, unless your parents are that nice to buy you everything...