what if

sn-95matt5-0

Nov 6, 2006
i got to thinking about wat i would do in this situation, cause i usaully have higher dreams than i got budget for.

your given a 94-95 mustang or fox if you prefer. bone stock gt 5.0 just like it was when it came from the factory, aode or t5 your choice.

your also given 20k. to spend on the cars performance including suspension. no body mods or audio just performance.

ok wat would you do? would it be a strip street car, dd, autox, or drag only? wat would be your expected hp/tq output after your money was spent?slip times?

just wondering wat everyone would do and i think it would be fun to play with.

• Sponsors (?)

at this point with 20k i'd probably turn it into an auto-x car. spend 15k on suspension probably griggs. the rest on a t56 and a top engine kit

but next year i could want to do a 429 stroker with twin turbos...dreams change

lol that is sort of what my situation was after i blew my motor.

i decided to go 351 stroker and make it the most righteous street car around

of course, the fairlane threw a monkey wrench into that plan ...

Full Griggs or MM suspension, crazy brakes, and whatever's left goes toward the engine. Stock block with HCI for around 290-310rwhp, or 347 stroker if there's enough cash.

Actually, if I had $20k I'd get on ebay and find a late 90's Viper GTS. $20k should cover about half of it.

what about a mexican block 331 or 347 all forged internals. victor jr heads, victor intake, and custom cam. hp twin turbo race kit.

and the rest would go in a t56 and a 31 spline rear end with 3.55 or 3.73gears. full suspension overhaul with drag racing in mind cage and all. as much weight reduction as possible while still keeping it comfortable on the street.

fun street car that would tear up the strip

I'd turn it into a turbo'd street car that makes gixxer 1000 owners wonder how they just got their ass kicked by a car!!

That only takes about 700 rwhp +/- :D

Stock 2007 Yamaha YZF-R1 runs 10.31 @ 137.28 mph with a professional rider, so with your everyday average rider that you find on the street these days, you can add some time and subtract some mph. At least from what I have seen.

Then again add some bolt on's and a light driver who knows what they are doing and now your looking at high 9's

LOL . . . I'm with bluestallion on this one . . . righteous street cruiser . . . as a matter of fact, that's where my FOX project is heading right now . . . though I am upgrading EVERYTHING . . . the power and handling upgrades include a World 351W stroked to 427 with a Blowzilla ( 6psi ) and an Aeromotive competition fuel kit to support it all , T56 & 3.73:1 out back . . . Suspension ==> Eibach coilovers, CC plates, upper lower control arms and FRPP M-2300 K 5-lug conversion to put a halt on things . . . that should put us pretty close to 20K and 550+ Streetable RWHP. I'll let ya know what it Dyno's in the spring !!