What MAF for supercharger?

• Sponsors (?)

In the ProM line the electronics are the same on the 77mm & 80mm mafs.

The plastic mafs have been around for quite some time and I have not seen anybody complain of probs due to the housing material.

ProM makes what they call a "shorty" style maf and it is smaller which makes it a good choice for blower & fender mounting installs due to limited space.

The ProM bullet is 75mm and is less expensive than the larger 77mm & 80mm mafs. The electronics are not as accurate on the bullet compaired to the larger mafs according to the tech guy at ProM.

Lots of folks run the bullet with no probs however.

The blow-thru mafs are usually used by the power adder guys.

I've been using a shorty 80mm ProM for a while and have had no probs.

Later
Grady

Later
Grady

Thanks for all the info man. I just ended up ordering the 75mm bullit, it was cheap, and i'm on a budget. It should work great though. Oh man, i can't wait till i bolt on this supercharger.

The 75mm bullet is a good MAF in my opinion, I haven't had any trouble at all with mine (but then again, I'm not boosting). The only thing I've heard of with the bullet ones is that you should avoid having a bend in the intake tube directly in front of the MAF. Probably affects other MAFs as well, but the bullet has a rep for it.

Dave

Sorry, I did not understand where you were coming from.

I don't think the shorter version works any differently than the regular sized one other than it is more suited for small areas like in the fender and blower applications.

If you are looking at the ProM 77 or 80 then I would go for the shorty version. Even though I have a shorty 80 it is still quite big and I would not want to try to fit a maf any larger than I did in my fender.

Later
Grady

Later
Grady