what the heck is up with my soundsystem?

dutch5.0

Feb 6, 2009
Netherlands
So I finally got the little removal hooks from ebay today and I pulled both the radio and cd-player.
Reason is that the CD player wasn't getting power at all and the rear speaker neither.

Seems to be a normal Mach460 system:

View attachment 264517

View attachment 264518

View attachment 264519

View attachment 264520

View attachment 264521

Then I found that the CD player wasn't connected to anything! Also, There are only 3 plugs in the dash.

big one for speakers I guess
small one for power?
antenna plug

View attachment 264522

these all go in the radio, and there's nothings that connects the radio and the CD player!

Then I found out that both the radio and CD player were manufactured in 1999! :dontknow:

cd player:
View attachment 264523

What's going on here? and is there a cable for sale somewhere that connect the radio and CD player?! :BangHead:

back of the CD player:
View attachment 264524

back of the radio:
View attachment 264525

• Sponsors (?)

The deck you have is not the factory unit, which is why the cable is not present. Also, the jumper plug is still in the back of the deck where the CD player harness would plug in indicating that there was never a CD player ever hooked to that deck. The large plug is the power plug, and the smaller plug is the speaker plug that goes to the factory amplifiers. If you have no sound from the rear there could be several reasons. If the tweeters don't work, it could be that the rear outputs on the tweeter amp are bad or the speakers are blown or missing. If the woofers don't work it could be the same reasons as the tweeters, bad amp or missing speakers. If all the factory gear is there but there is no sound at all from the rear it could be a bad deck, hacked wiring as it appears that someone had different gear in the car at some point, or the fader is set to the front. It sounds stupid but over the years I've "fixed" the fader for customers MANY times who thought something was broken and didn't realize the fader was set all the way to the front.