What to pair my MRT-H with

AmBo

Feb 3, 2004
New Jersey
What catback should I go with to compliment my MRT Catted H pipe? I was thinking American Thunders or a MAC catback. I'm told H pipes compliment chambered catbacks best.

Suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

I was told by a bunch of locals I should have gone with an H to pair with a chambered muffler. To be honest Seraph, the difference is FAINTLY noticeable on my car. The guy who had packs and got my X pipe had a drastic change. It cleaned up his exhaust so much. Me on the other hand, I got a slightly better "rumble" and "throaty" sound, but the H pipe hangs so F'ing low and I scrape it on everything :notnice:

I have video's of before and after. I'd make a compilation and post it, but honestly, there is nooo difference in the sound on video lol

It made a nice noticeable louder difference on my car, at least in my opinion. It changed my sound to be like a machine gun throat type growl and it gets more car alarms than ever before without going in a parking structure (to help sound bounce off the walls).

I'm sure your MRT-H would make anything sound muscular though. I love the sounds of an H pipe. I'd get the Mac Flowpaths. They sound MEAN. It would be a nice change from the Flowmasters too and make your Mustang sound different and noticeable.

Yeah that's what I'm 90% leaning to. Mac Flowpaths. :nice:

And I no doubt believe the X pipe woke your car up. X pipes have a nice clean noise, but the H is just so badass sounding. :nice:

I've gotta go with the stingers too. Ive heard clips of that combo and it was sweet! I have stingers on mine with the stock h and i really like the sound of them and when i upgrade midpipes i plan to get an mrt catted h. I kinda wanna wait until my car is a little faster before i make it any louder though haha.

Stingers for sure!! I miss my off road prochamber and stingers, super loud and mean as hell. Had to put the stock h on for smog and havent gotten round to putting the prochamber back on yet. But with the h on im curious to hear what an off road h would sound like with the stingers. There is a clip of the stinger/prochamber combo in my sig. :nice:

O/R Prochamber and Stingers...WOW, never heard it before.. were in the bay you located bullitt_2620, I need my midpipe put on, you know anybody...?? Im up in Sac town but all my friends live in Mateo, so im always in the bay !