What were your first mods...

OxMox

turkeysammichesonhisface
Mar 31, 2005
Palm Harbor, FL
What were your first mods that you did to your car, whether it's your 1st car or you 30th car? What were some of the first mods you did to it and why, also, what would did you wish you would've done instead. This is pretty much another thread for people who want to know what to do and what not to do and it should answer a few questions.

First car/mods
1997 GT, black, 5spd,

18x9 Chrome Cobra R 2000
FRPP lowering springs
dynamax catback exhaust
K&N Air filter

What I wish I would've done instead/also

Short shifter
Big cowl hood
Cam

I kept it simple 'cause it was my first car and at the time I didn't know to much about cars so I didn't want to mess it up. I didn't do those things 'cause I wasn't sure about them and at the time I didn't want to anything else to it. Although now I wish I would've.

• Sponsors (?)

How did you like your '97? My best friend is looking for a '96-'98 GT.

First car:
'66 Mustang
200ci Inline 6
C4 auto tranny

First mod was duals. It cut torque down a little, but I did it because the old system was rusted out and I WAS planning on adding 6-2 headers.

I'm still in the middle of my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th mods. A Granada disc brake swap, 302 w/ a C4, and 8" rear.
But before the V8 goes in, the car will get a mildly rebuilt 200 from Mustang Monthly. That way I can drive the car while doing the V8 suspension and brake conversions. Then the engine swap should only take a couple days once all those things are done.
I'll also probably shoot a new coat of paint on the car somewhere in the middle of all those plans. Then once the six is pulled, the idea is to find another inline car to take the newer engine, so my parents or little sister can have a classic.

This is actually RESTOmodding, but you asked. :D

2002 Mustang
My "second" car so to speak, yet at the same time my first.

All I've done is looks because that's cheap, performance is too much money for me right now.

So here's everything:

Engine Mods/Dressups
1. UPR Cold Air Intake ($40 on Ebay)
2. Electrical wiring re-wrapped in blue electrical tape
3. 3/8" Blue plastic tubing

Interior Mods/Dressups
1. Chrome racing pedals by Pilot Motor Sports
2. Hand-painted Mustang logo and lettering on steering wheel, passenger-side dash, and door jam rubber
3. Black Fuzzy Dice
4. Ford Racing seat belt pads passenger and driver side
5. Ford Racing floor mats
6. Spray-painted and clear-coated, center dash bezel, door handle "cups", door arm rest panels, and A/C vents silver.

Interior Lighting Mods
1. Map lights redone to house blue LEDs
2. Dome light redone to house blue LEDs
3. Optix (Streetglow) Blue radio bar (pulses to music) mounted underneath stock headunit.
4. Blue lighted APC shift boot

Exterior Mods/dressups
1. Monogram initials on driver's side door "AEG"
2. Spray-painted Mustang lettering black on rear bumper
3. Wal-Mart sticker design on rear bumper
4. Mach 1 knock-off hood black-out with mustang logo in center
5. Chrome plate covers
6. Body side trim removed
7. 3A racing Chrome Exhaust tip
8. Custom mesh grille made from an old spray-painted window screen in lower front grill and rear squares.
9. Mustang logo in center of hubs for stock rims hand-painted black. (three of my rims are beat to hell)
10.5% VLT tint on rear quarter windows. (hoping to tint whole rear window)
11. Painted brake calipers red
12. "JP40 ONLY" (rocket fuel) Vynl sticker letters on fuel door a friend of mine suggested I change it to either "Hay Only" or "Oats Only"
13. Chrome Stripping areound grill and headlights.

Exterior Lighting Mods
1. Blue underglow
2. Blue lighted side scoops
3. Blue lighted washer nozzles
4. Blue lighted grille
5. 3" round fog lights with blue LED in bottom
6. CLASSIFIED AND IN PRODUCTION

Sound System Mods
1. Pioneer TS-A6870R's 6"X8" 220 Watts

What I wish I could really do is have the whole car re-sprayed silver and body work done. Passenger side is a different shade than driver's, I took out the front bumper on a rock after I had a blow-out, after the side trim was removed we noticed it left a shadow, scratched to h ell and back, DEEP scrathces on drivers door handle, overspray on roof and tail-light. Guess that's what I get for buying a rental car. (car was originaly registered to the Hertz Corp. in Massachusetts) I bought it from Dover Chrysler, after trading in the '97 4 banger Chevy S-10.

--That's all I'm done now.

First 'stang: '95 v6

First mod: MAC CAI (eventually... it was going to be a Ford Racing handling kit but was backordered forever so I cancelled the order and bought the CAI 'cause I could put it in at the parking lot at Tech)
Also; the previous owner put on Tokico shocks and cut holes in the underside of the hood...

What I wish I did: convinced my parents to let me get a GT.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]How did you like your '97? My best friend is looking for a '96-'98 GT.

First car:
'66 Mustang
200ci Inline 6
C4 auto tranny

First mod was duals. It cut torque down a little, but I did it because the old system was rusted out and I WAS planning on adding 6-2 headers.

I'm still in the middle of my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th mods. A Granada disc brake swap, 302 w/ a C4, and 8" rear.
But before the V8 goes in, the car will get a mildly rebuilt 200 from Mustang Monthly. That way I can drive the car while doing the V8 suspension and brake conversions. Then the engine swap should only take a couple days once all those things are done.
I'll also probably shoot a new coat of paint on the car somewhere in the middle of all those plans. Then once the six is pulled, the idea is to find another inline car to take the newer engine, so my parents or little sister can have a classic.

This is actually RESTOmodding, but you asked. :D[/QUOTE]

:nice: That thing sounds/looks nice. Umm about the GT, I loved that thing! It was quick and had a decent amout of power in the top end... down low it felt more like a lightly modded 99+ V6, but the topend power was great, once I hit lie 65 and 70 it wouldn't stop climbing, it was just realy smooth pulling.

worked v6 said:
:nice: That thing sounds/looks nice. Umm about the GT, I loved that thing! It was quick and had a decent amout of power in the top end... down low it felt more like a lightly modded 99+ V6, but the topend power was great, once I hit lie 65 and 70 it wouldn't stop climbing, it was just realy smooth pulling.

What was the insurance difference between your v6 and the gt?

zincyellow03 said:
What was the insurance difference between your v6 and the gt?

Not a lot. I'm under 25 so it'll still be high, but since it was an older car and I had haveway decent grades, they gave me a break. I think it was 1500$ every six months or close to that.

:OT: ...Where were you last night? Whoreing it up? :rlaugh:

First car - too long ago to think about.

On my current 03 coupe, the mods (in order) were:
fog lights
interior billet goodies
exhaust
Bullitt suspension kit
more interior goodies (including MGW shifter)
CAI
Tint
tires/wheels
chin spoiler
polished door sill plates

77sleeper said:
first mod on my first car??????.............................

ummmm........ who can remember

Doesn't have to be on your first car. Actually this thread was supposed to be for any of your cars, first one or not your first one. What were your first mods and what did you wish you would've done in stead and why. IE. First mod - CAI. What I wish I did instead - K&N drop in, remove snorkle, T-body - why 'cuase it would've been cheaper and had more HP. <=== Just an example.

My rents were against me 'adding power' so I changed every interior knob and handle to chrome and put in a Pioneer HU and 4-way speakers. I've got a K&N drop-in filter and synthetic oil for my 'power mods' :rlaugh: Soon to come is COMPLETE CAI (or a t-body) and a catback from MAC, then pulleys and ignition.