where is the data cable in vert to add LOC?

insanestang

Founding Member
Dec 17, 2000
NJ
I want to add an amp and sub to my mach 460. I saw the how-to on mustangworld and took out the backseat in my vert but i cant find the data cable to splice into for the LOC. does anyone know where it is?

Thanks,
Rich

• Sponsors (?)

I wish I remembered more; I did the install last year. You have to take off the rear interior panels on both sides. Doing that won't expose the rear speakers but it will expose the wires you need to splice into. If im not mistaken, the wire colors were different in my car than on the mustangworld writeup. Since those directions were a little foggy for convertable owners, what I did was temporarily take out the woofer from the mach system and note which color wire connected to the positive and negative termimals of the speaker itself. Then I followed the wires down to the connector (data cable?) and spliced the wires on the OTHER SIDE of the connector, and matched them up to the positive and negative wires of my LOC. I'm assuming that connecting the LOC wires on the speaker side of the connector is defeating the purpose that the data cable thing on mustangworld serves. Hopefully this will help you, what I told you worked for me for a year without any problems at all. Good luck.