Which clear bra?

menasci

Aug 17, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I've just bought a new bumper due to too many paint chips in mine.
I want to get one of those clear bra covers to protect the new bumper etc.
There are a few brands on Ebay.
Not sure what is good and what is crap.
Anyone know what brand I should get?

• Sponsors (?)

I have heard great things about the 3M one.

I have a friend with an '04 Cobra with it, another friend with a WRX, and my dad has one on his Chebby truck. They all love it, especially living in the salt/sand belt in the Midwest.

Link:
http://www.automotivearticles.com/Clear_Bra_3M.shtml

I'm sure you can search more on it. :)

EDIT:
The one thing I have wondered on these products, however, is how long they will last and if they yellow at all under prolonged UV exposure. Plus, if you ever decide to remove it, will it harm the paint below and will you have two shades of paint afterward?

menasci said:
Can't I just buy it from Invidishield and install it myself?
I'll be installing it on my new bumper while the bumper is off the car.

If you can install window tint, flawlessly, maybe. Otherwise, let the Pro's do it, as they offer that grand item referred to as, WARRANTY. If they screw it up, they are sorry; if you screw it up, you are sorry.

Don't know where to get them done around here, but I would think most window tint places would be .. I'd be interested to hear if you do find any places near here. (I'm in Tucson but can easily drive to PHX.)

urban96 said:
if these things cost 250ish wouldnt that be about the same price for a bumper re-paint?
Well, they are pricey. But they cover bumper, leading edge of hood, windshield surrounds, etc... So there is more being protected than just the bumper. But yeah, surprisingly expensive... I was shocked by the price the first time I saw this stuff...