Which first, suspension or power?

WhiteDevil69

Sep 15, 2003
Tucson, AZ
I'm torn right now, I am well on the way to either a blower or full suspension/headers/few small appearance mods.. With what i have now (see sig) do you guys with a s/c think it would be wiser to get my UCA/LCA/SFC/springs/LTs/shocks and struts then get the blower or jsut get the power first? :shrug: I am looking to get the mongoose kit from T&J's with the novi 2000 blower and only take it to the track like once a month. Basicly i want the car to be as safe but as fun as possible. It will take me another month to be at $5000 which should be enough for the blower or quite a nice suspension setup. What would you guys get?

• Sponsors (?)

I'd get the supecharger first since it's such a big chunk of change at once... The suspension stuff can be added bit by bit.

It'd be nice to do it all at once though.

Some people say it's pointless to get lots of power if you can't get it to the ground, but I think it's worse to have a nice suspension but never have the funds to buy a $3500+ supercharger :p

IMO, all the power in the world is useless with out traction and/or handling. As you can see by my sig I have what appears to be a pretty fast car, but 90% of my mods are NOT for power. I would suggest a mild suspension upgrade that will not drain your budget. I would suggest springs $200, lower control arms $250, and shocks/struts if you feel like it. I have done a lot to my car and I still have the stock shocks. The springs and lwr ctrl arms are what make the biggest difference in the way your car handles/launches.

DBMSTNG said:
BAH! who needs traction? :rlaugh:

if i were you, i'd go with the power. with those 10.5" tires, you should get a decent amount of traction. the stock suspension is not bad for drag racing. the blower will be more fun than the suspension.
thats what im thinkin, you guys are right, think i might get the blower next and then do the suspension one at a time after that.. Thanks for the opinions :nice:

Before you get anything, if I could do it over again I'd get my subframe connectors first. Makes a big diff. even on a gently driven stock GT coupe and provides a good basis for future mods to both suspension and in the power department, while preventing fatigue from flexing the thin sheetmetal that's all that's holding the front and rear subframes of the car together. I don't have a supercharger (yet) but I can only think that more power = driven harder = more flexing = more fatigue. Good long-term "insurance".