Which stangs can we swap rims with?

lparsons

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
May 24, 2004
Upstate New York
Which years have the same offset and bolt pattern as the 94-95 mustang GT? I just found a guy on craigslist in my area selling "99-04 mustang stock rims", 17inch bullitt style with tires. I'd like to put them on my 95 GT but I want to double check that they'll work.

I expect the answer is yes, but being as Ford did change the engines and transmissions for the GTs in 96, I wasn't sure if anything else changed at the same time.

Also, if anyone has an idea of what I should offer for these, let me know. He tells me they are the original Ford rims, with BFG G-force sports. Owner tells me there is less than 800 miles on the combination.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

stock and aftermarket rims will bolt up from 94-04. The only exception is if you have cobra brakes/a cobra as they must run 17in rims or larger to clear the caliper/rotor.

The chassis is the same along with the susp. 94-04 for the most part.

All 1964-2008 5 lug Mustangs are the same. But, it's the backspacing you have to look out for.

Just a piece of interesting and random information: I saw a newer VW Jetta the other week with 98 cobra wheels. The guy said the bolt pattern is the same... weird huh?

All 1964-2008 5 lug Mustangs are the same. But, it's the backspacing you have to look out for.

Just a piece of interesting and random information: I saw a newer VW Jetta the other week with 98 cobra wheels. The guy said the bolt pattern is the same... weird huh?

Hmm, that's not an idea you should have planted in my head. My wife drives an 03 Jetta. Or do you mean the newest Jettas, after they changed some stuff up around 04-1/2?