While doing research into power adders

blbrchnk

Oct 16, 2006
Bridgeport, WV
I came across this guy on ebay:

link

I wouldn't buy any of these kinds of things unless I heard from many people more knowledgeable than I about them being ok, but what is their deal? What are they missing and how can they be made so cheaply when compared to the other big kits?

• Sponsors (?)

Never heard of them, one of the best Mustang tuners in the US is JDM in New Jersey, but it is not these guys. I do not see any other mention of the Mustang on the page besides the very top. Even if they are legit, and assuming it would fit, I am sure it does not come with a tune. The fact that it says "Universal Starter Turbo Piping Kit" is probably not a good sign either. I would take that to mean, "here are some pipes, see if you can make this work on your car, whatever that may be." I would steer clear of this one.

theres no setup for the exhaust side, the piping is not gonna work without major modification, no tune, no injectors, no fuel pump or boost-a-pump, nothin. look up a turbo kit for any other vehicle and you will find it for around that price with similar stuff in it. Its just ebay junk to get stupid people to buy it.

STAY AWAY FROM CHEAP EBAY TURBOS!!!

I've seen way too many horror stories in my import days about those like how the welds come undone on the piping or how the compressor housing splits in half under boost that is if you're unlucky enough to have a kit that actually fits!

Hmmmmmm..............MIRAGE POWER........:rlaugh:

From the ad: "NOTE: All of turbo parts and accessories do need to modification in order to fits perfectly. otherwise will list ABOVE." note the professional and knowledgable grammar.

I'm sure that their customers say:

"I could see those HUGE power gains just out of my reach............."

I call :bs: