who has the BFG G-FORCE T/A KD tires?

fiveoho

15 Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
TN
if you have these PLEASE comment.

for clarification purposes, heres the tire im talking about: BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD

i bought 2 of these brand new with the stickers, 295/35/18s. i got them cheap, real cheap. which is the main reason i bought them. i researched these quite a bit before buying. i have them now and still researching and am now second guessing putting these on my mustang ( 18x10 FR500s ). i knew before ordering that the wet weather traction is not the best but how bad is it, really? obviously if its pouring rain and the driver is dumping the clutch in 1st gear, yea its gonna spin. but my question is this: if one was caught in a rain storm, is the car going to be sliding all over the place on a interstate @ 65mph? i have a few friends that ride around on rear drag radials that get caught out in the rain regularly. they dont have any problems, granted they dont act like idiots either. i remember one specific occasion i was with a friend in his 03 mach with nitto dr's and it come a absolute turd floater. car never got loose or done anything out of place. the driver was also crusing along very modestly (45-50mph). surely this tire would be better in the rain than a drag radial?

i called bf goodrich and spoke with a rep asking about wet traction issues. they stated this is not the best wet traction tire but it still is safe provided the driver is aware of this fact. in other words, dont drive like a moron on a wet road in them. the rep added that they have never had a call-in complaint about rain issues with this tire (home office comfirmed this).

also called tirerack and they personally tested this tire. wes (nice guy) told me that they have tested this tire and it is not good in the rain. when compared to other top competitors, it isnt good at all. however, he did say that this tire is perfectly safe in the rain but would not be his choice by a long shot. i can see why. the kdw's are quite a bit less than the kd's and they are a better tire. i knew this before i bought but like i said, i got a steal on them.

if the car was a DD, id sell 'em no questions asked and buy something else. while my car isnt a show car, it will not see rain unless by accident. inevitably tho, that will happen. just want some confidence that if im caught in the rain it will be a safe ride.

o, and my other concern with this tire is noise and comfort. mostly noise. how loud is this tire?

am i overly worrying or not?

• Sponsors (?)

I think you answered your own question with the drag radial comparison with your buddies.

Perhaps call tirerack back and ask them for a comparison with drag radials? They have to be atleast as good as DRs.

i guess im just looking for some 1st hand feedback. even when comparing to my friends 03 mach/dr combo, still dont know the characteristics of this tire. im afraid to call TR back....im sure he's probably tired of talking to me by now :rlaugh:

put them on. i'm running MT ET streets II which has a lot less traction than that tire and I've taken in the rain without any problems. Don't drive like a duesch and you'll be fine in the rain.

EDIT: if you don't like them after a while just burn them off and film it :D

put them on. i'm running MT ET streets II which has a lot less traction than that tire and I've taken in the rain without any problems. Don't drive like a duesch and you'll be fine in the rain.

EDIT: if you don't like them after a while just burn them off and film it :D

i doubt my car will even be able to turn them over :(

Then i especially wouldn't worry about wet traction. your not going to loose it driving in a straight line and you highly doubt you'll loose it taking the turns if you're careful. Pulling out isn't that big of a deal once you get the hang of it.