who here does Solo ( autocross)?

OinkAodeOink

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
Daytona bch, Florida
Im stoked, tommorow will be my first time doing this. Of course I will be in my 01, not the 94, but never the less am looking to have fun. from the overview it looks like I may get anywhere from 3-5 runs? Hope i dont kill too many cones, lol :D
I have good tires, and lowering springs, other then that the car is stock suspension wise.

• Sponsors (?)

I did if for 3 years. Have a few trophies in the E Street Prepared class. Use to do Ft. Myers, Naples, S. Florida Fair Grounds and Moroso.

Here is a tip. Slow down to go quicker. The problem with AutoX is patience. There is no need to use all the power. Have fun.

Well I had a great time, ya your right.. Smoothness is key, as is looking ahead. it's difficult to keep on top of these things though, while trying to learn the car ( for the first time) and course. I did manage a 43.0 with no cones on run 2, which is not bad at all concidering the top car was a 38.0 ( Prepped LS1 camaro). My other runs were 44's and 45, but with 1 and 3 cone knock downs ( -2 seconds each).
I got beat out for a trophie position by an R32(34?) VW I guess it was.

All in all, great stuff, and I must say I love it more then the 1/4 :D
the car handled very well concidering how damn hot the tires and concrete were.
I have a few pics to post later.

Get those pics up! Autocross is awsome, I used to go watch my autoshop teacher race his FFR Cobra. Whats cool is that you don't need a crazy car to do it, people go with just about anything that's not a truck and most of the people are really cool. Plenty of imports at those events but very few stupid rivers. That's something I want to get into once I fix up my suspension.

Hey I resent that remark...

I auto crossed once about 5 years ago, in my 2000 dodge dakota CC, 2wd, v8, stock suspension... I ran 3-5 seconds off the top car and I ran 2-3 seconds faster than my buddy with his stock 94 aode mustang.

They didn't want to let me run so I had to take one of the guys first run to see if he thought the truck was "stable" enough... he ok'd it then I preceded to roast the tires on each turn just for fun...

Gotta love those long wheelbase vehicles for controlled slides and tire-spin...