Will a LA2 computer yield the same power as a LA3 in a 2.3T?

Will a LA2 computer yield the same power as a LB3 in a 2.3T?

I have four computers, an 85 SVO computer, an LA2 computer an 86 SVO PE computer and access to a LB3 computer (in a junk yard car). I want to stick to the turbocoupe computers and not use the SVO computers because of having to re-pin a second time, I already re-pinned for a turbocoupe computer. Which computer should I run the LA2 or LB3 or re-pin again? Thanks, and I am using a manual transmission.

• Sponsors (?)

vristang said:
Just FYI...
The TwEECer site list the LA series as being supported, and not the LB. Unless I missed something.

http://www.tweecer.com/products.htm

There are other EEC tuners though, I just haven't found them to have the same support/following.

jason

Well, I didn't say tweecer, I said eec-tuner which is a brand of tuner, not a general term. The eec-tuner supports the LA3 and LB3, not the la2. The tweecer has about 2% of the following in the 2.3T world compared to the total domination of the eec-tuner following for 2.3T's.

Stinger said:
Well, I didn't say tweecer, I said eec-tuner which is a brand of tuner, not a general term. The eec-tuner supports the LA3 and LB3, not the la2. The tweecer has about 2% of the following in the 2.3T world compared to the total domination of the eec-tuner following for 2.3T's.

:owned:
I hadn't even heard of the eec-tuner. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I checked out their site and will be looking into them further.:nice:

Isn't the LB series an auto trans and the LA series a manual trans? From what I have heard there can be drivability issues when mixing applications.

There are only issues when using a manual ecu with an auto trans...because the auto trans is computer controlled. The 5 speed is not computer controlled so you can use an auto ecu with it without issue...

Yes, you have to repin to put that ecu in anything but an 87-88 turbo coupe.

KenneBell said:
I have four computers, an 85 SVO computer, an LA2 computer an 86 SVO PE computer and access to a LB3 computer (in a junk yard car). I want to stick to the turbocoupe computers and not use the SVO computers because of having to re-pin a second time, I already re-pinned for a turbocoupe computer. Which computer should I run the LA2 or LB3 or re-pin again? Thanks, and I am using a manual transmission.

You wouldn't wanna get rid of the 86 svo puter would ya?? I have a 86TC and need that computer. Well i think i do LOL