will a Tremec 3550 change acceleration?

• Sponsors (?)

This is a yes and no question. If it has a bigger first gear than a 2.95, then yes, first gear will be faster. However, when it comes down to it, both the Tremec and the T-5 both have a 1:1 4th gear, so one will not be able to go faster (in terms of top speed) in 4th gear because both are 1:1.

Joe

I brought the car with the tremec, so I dont know how it felt to drive it with the t-5, but when I take off from a stop light etc. first gears gone in the blink of an eye, I sometimes wonder if the shop I had the gears installed at threw in some 4:10s instead of 3:73s.I had a little fun on the street yesterday with a firebird and he got a good jump on me with an automatic,but I smoked him at the 3-4 shift point. Maybe a taller wheel/tire combo would help?

hmmmmm good questions. Hey a buddy of mine down there around your area in Largo owns a shop go see him he has geat deals. His name is Joe Bonczek him and his partner Rob wells just bought out Craig Z at FordSpeed they kept the name and they are installing thier dyno he can hook you up tell him I sent ya! See Ya!

thanks for the heads up, Im seriously looking for a shop that can dyno tune my setup with an auto logic chip and I been price shopping around,so far Idle Wild in largo has my attention,but Ill definetly give Fordspeed a call, I brought my Mac shorties there cause they had the best price at 135.00 :nice:

here's a vote for Idle Wild :nice: I've had 2 friends go there and they were extremely pleased with quality/service and such. I even called myself about getting some parts and such and spoke to Dan Flowers and he was very helpful.

Edit: Sorry I posted so late, I just ran a search for people in the Largo area and saw your post, figured I'd give my .02