will Lincoln build this?

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by 66Satellite, Jan 11, 2004.

1. 66Satellite

66Satellite Banned

I guess it's based on the T-bird platform. I think it looks great, though I think they should work in small seats in back. Then just drop in the 300HP 4.6.

[​IMG]

2. JaysGreenLX

Founding Member

It would be nice to do something with the Thunderbird chassis. The only problem is, if the T-bird didn't sell, I wonder if the Lincoln will? It is a cool looking ride though.

Speaking of things that we would like to see. What ever happened to the Forty Nine?

3. PonyGrl420

Founding Member

bah I dont like it. Too plain and the lines just arnt rite. If the t-bird didnt sell I highly doubt that thing will

4. 351CJ

351CJ New Member

Ford's new US design cheif does not like the MK X and does not want to see it built.

However I have seen several people report seeing the MK X on the road being tested prior to NAIAS. This is very unusual, most concepts are not running cars (or barely running cars, like the 427). To be road testing the MK X prior to NAIAS says that it is more than a concept, its a running production prototype.

My guess is that the logic for the MK X is as follows:

1. Lincoln needs some sort of sporty halo car to combat the press Caddy is getting with its XLR.

2. With the T-Bird going away at the end of 2005, the MK-X which is really a re-bodied T-Bird is a good way to get a couple more years out of the tooling and production line they built at Wixom to make the T-Bird. That is, there is little new investment required to build the MK-X so they could actually make some money on it even if they only sell 15,000 / year of them.

5. 66Satellite

66Satellite Banned

Yeah, it looks done and ready to go. I like the lines except for the rear, which isn't great.

6. creeper46l

creeper46l New Member

i tell ya that reminds me of my favorite old boat the 1964 lincoln continental...if they made it a 4 door with the suicide doors i'd buy on tomorrow!black of course.

7. BLK91GT

Founding Member

the Forty-Nine would out sell the MK X for sure. I wish they'd produce it!

8. yellow5.0cobra

Founding Member

I think that is in direct competition with the new cadillac and mercedes sports coupes.

I would buy one, if funds allow.

9. BigBlockStang

BigBlockStang New Member

I don't like it. I think the Thunderbird looks better. The design seems uninspired. If there going to build a Mark or Thunderbird. I would rather see a 2 door 4 passenger sports coupe. And it better not be slab sided like the last bird. Put some styling touches in there somehow. Some body lines at least.

10. 63_Fairlane

Founding Member

It is interesting but reminds me a little too much of the MarkVIII concept from a few years back... Plus if it runs the Thunderbird/ LS platform, then the 4.6 won't fit.