will these wheels fit my car? & what tire size without rubbing?

• Sponsors (?)

You ought to be able to run 315/35s out back with 275/40s up front with no issues. 1.5" isn't that low of a drop to warrant concerns about tire clearances. The only issues I can think of as a possibility is you might rub the quad shock (in which case you can either flip them or remove them altogether) or come close to rubbing the tailpipe. I'm running 18x10s with 295/35s on my '95 and there was less than an eighth inch between the tire and the tailpipe. I cured that problem with a quarter inch spacer on the rear wheels. Just thick enough to give clearance but not too thick as to necessitate longer studs.

ok Thanks. quads are gone & so are the tailpipes. I'm putting Lt's & custom side exit exhaust on it now so sounds like no problems. I was thinking the wider rim/tire might rub the outside fender well. I guess I could roll the edges if it was a problem.. I just don't want to sink 1k+ into rims/tires & then have the rears not fit right. I might not go as wide as the 315/35's but I'll see. I the staggered setup with the polished lip looks sick! the car is a weekend street car & never sees the track so I am running the stock control arms in the rear for a better ride. I'm wanting a wider tire back there to help a little with traction but don't want to go too wide as to run into a hydroplaning problem with the FL summer rains. I am currently running 255/55/18's all around & have great wet traction, I don't want to loose it.
thanks for your input.

I just put the same size wheels (03 cobra style) with the same offsets on my 95. I have 275's on the front and 315's on the rear. I did have to take off the quad shocks and and had to repostion the ebrake brackets a little (bent them down a little). Other than that they fit good and I have plenty of cleanance on the exhaust. I haven't driven it yet though because the weather sucks:(

Thanks guys for all of the info/feedback! I will probably go for the new wheels & tires in a month or two. I've got 18" bullet's from O.E. wheels on it now & the tires a nearly done in + I am ready for a new look. Thanks again!