WOOT WOOT a little good news that most of you probably don't care about...

carbed87

Jun 5, 2005
so we spoke with our DMV about me losing my red licence, and they said i;ll be getting everthing back october 11th! Along with a pretty little SR-22 to go with it.

most of you wont care, but hey, im happey now.

• Sponsors (?)

mansonozz said:
What's a red license?

I wondered the same thing. Found this:

When a driver's license has been suspended, the driver may be eligible for a probationary driver's license. This is commonly known as a "red license" because the license itself was printed on manila paper with a pink strip running down the middle. A probationary license is valid only for the reasons granted by the terms of the order. Common privileges may include:
Driving back and forth to work
Driving on the job
Driving back and forth to school
Driving to doctor's appointments

Sounds like someone has been getting a little too much of the wrong attention. :nono:

Glad to hear your situation is working out, though! :nice:

Good for you.

I just found out my uncle lost his licenses for LIFE and is going to prison for 2.5 years, all because he will not stop drinking and driving( been busted many times). The roads are now a little safer.

alanw6 said:
I wondered the same thing. Found this:

When a driver's license has been suspended, the driver may be eligible for a probationary driver's license. This is commonly known as a "red license" because the license itself was printed on manila paper with a pink strip running down the middle. A probationary license is valid only for the reasons granted by the terms of the order. Common privileges may include:
Driving back and forth to work
Driving on the job
Driving back and forth to school
Driving to doctor's appointments

Sounds like someone has been getting a little too much of the wrong attention. :nono:

Glad to hear your situation is working out, though! :nice:

thats exactly what it is. right after i got my last ticket i ended up being about 1pt in the hole (i had like three or four tickets before) and they awarded me a red licence from i think april it started and they were going to give my licence back a few months later. well lol, a day after i had my red licence i got a speeding ticket (45 in a 35, i know i know im a dumbass) so they took it away on the spot and i've been without a licence ever since. and it wasn't until lasyt week that they let me know when i was going to get it.

my wrap sheet looks a little something like this:

1)failure to yeild while turning left: 2pt
2)careless driving: 4pt
3)tinted windows: $75 (my **** wasn't even tinted lol he wrote me a ticket for the blackout piece that says mustang on the quarter window)
4)87mph on the highway (55 or 65 speed limit i think): 4pt
5)45 in a 35:3pt or something

well by the time it was all bargained down, i ended up being three points in the hole (thats where im currently at) and so yeah, they took it away...lol cant blame them either.

and it's not like i drive like an idiot or anything, it's just i get caught every damn time i speed or do something stupid, so yeah, i guess i just have to be a little smarter from now on.

So was this within 1 year? In TN, points reset within 12 months of the last incident.

I got a warning letter that I had 6 of 12 points due to 2 tickets within two weeks last fall. My points reset in September.

BTW, neither ticket was in my Mustang! Both speeding. One in IL (Dodge Magnum) and one in MS (Ford Explorer). Both were company cars during business travel. Time is money, right? LOL