Worst injury you've ever received?

CManT1914

Feb 5, 2004
Killeen, Texas
Well probably not my worst, but still pretty bad. I managed to accidentally stick a sheetrock saw through my hand yesterday. It was laying on the slab, and I went to pick it up, well my foot caught the edge of it right as I grabbed for it, and it snapped up and right through my hand. :bang: It went in right next to the thumb (in the palm area) next to the muscle and come out between one of my veins and bone. Luckily the doctor said I didn't sever the nerve branch right there, but he said I might have damaged it, since I can't feel a whole lot in my thumb and forefinger. I had to get a tetanus shot and some antibiotics. It's a real bummer, cus it made wiring my shift light today extremely difficult, lol. It also makes typing a real PITA, lol. Here's some pics of the saw for you non-costruction guys.
attachment.php

attachment.php

EDIT: fixed the pics

• Sponsors (?)

my worst: i was in lake placid on vacation a few years back, and my fam and i were ice skating on teh olympic oval in downtown lake placid.....anyway i am a good skater, so im making my way around teh track with no problems, and i turn around and start skating backwarsds cause i was watching my lil 8 yr old bro skate (i was teaching him), and this dumbass comes from behind me and knocks me over, and accidently kicks me in the face with his skate.......then teh guys tells me to watch where im goin, then he looks at teh pulle of blooc on teh ice and leaves......so i got 12 stitches right above my eye, like RIGHT in my eyebrow......it hurt like no other.........

sry to hear about your hand man...my friend just had a very similar thing happen to him...he sliced his hand DEEP rite between his pointer, and middle fingers (in that little web of skin).......needed surgery cause he sliced the tendon......

I havent had many except for breaking both my pinky fingers......My left one in high school playing soccer in gym class. We had two games going side by side and someone from the other side kicked it towards me but i was paying attention to my own game. He yelled "look out" and right as i turned and looked i took the ball right to the finger. It was like one of The Matrix moments.....if he never yelled i wouldnt have turned and gotten it broken lol.

The right one was just something stupid at work.....got pissed off and punched a wall. Hand hurt like a mofo and i went to the hospital a couple hours later. Boxer's fracture woohoo.....had my hand in a cast for like 3 weeks.

i was in a car accident that threw me from the car and ran me over and drug me about 40 yards. ended up with 8 staples in my head and 3rd degree road rash on my left thigh, not to mention the severe concusion which caused massive blood coming from my ears. 4 skin grafts later and i have no doubt that i will never own a motorcycle. it happened about 7yrs ago and i still have a huge scar on my thigh.

bimmertech said:
i was in a car accident that threw me from the car and ran me over and drug me about 40 yards. ended up with 8 staples in my head and 3rd degree road rash on my left thigh, not to mention the severe concusion which caused massive blood coming from my ears. 4 skin grafts later and i have no doubt that i will never own a motorcycle. it happened about 7yrs ago and i still have a huge scar on my thigh.
HOLY ****!!!!!!!! and you're not bionic?? you're a real human??

i was very drunk when it happened(i was passenger) and wasn't wearing my seatbelt. it was an 86 hatch w/ t-tops, and i went through the glass top, for like a year after i was still pulling glass out of my head. the funny thing is that my jeans did not have a scratch on them earning me the nickname buddy lee, you know the can't bust'em doll.

When I was a kid I cut my wrist on a piece of glass in our basement when I was looking through some boxes, that bled like a mofo and I still have a scar from it.

About a year later I was with some friends and we had the garden hoses out playing in water, I was running down the sidewalk and slipped...and slid about 10 years since it was downhill, ripped my knee up pretty good.

two weeks ago, i was working (doing masonry) i was carrying 3 plank one slid i tried to grab it tighter as a board got away and left a cm long sliver as think as a 18gauge wire going in from where my nail starts on the side straight in to my finger it took me 5 times yanking my hardest to get it out, my finger has been numb now for 2 weeks :-/

Broken leg, broken arm, broken wrist, all right side, all skateboarding accidents. Seperated shoulder once, then dislocated same shoulder twice in as many years after that, again right shoulder, but they're sport's related. Woke up in the hospital one night after wrestling practice, onlr remembering waking up and seeing EMT's and Cops in my bedroom before that. When I did wake up found out I was having seizures, guess my mom came to check on me, saw me shaking, called the ambulance. Spent 3 days in the hospital with stuff hanging from my head and outta my arms, had a bunch of EKG's MRIs and all the other hospital related acronyms you can think of. Never found anything, cleared/released, had another one 2 months later, that time I was in my dad's truck, when I started convulsing I fell over and hit my head on the 4wd slector in the middle of the floor, yeah woke up in the hospital again. Cleared released after only 2 days that time, but with a black eye. That was all over 10 yrs ago, last thing I did was f up my ankle snowboarding in Austria last year. Doctor said I would have been better off breaking it, happened a year ago, still hurts after I get done running/working out. But hey, I still got a pulse and the sun comes up everyday, until those cease I'm not slowing down.

Since Jan. of this year I've been dealing with my knee. I have a torn medial meniscus a.k.a cartilage in my right knee that has had me grounded from working, and working out in the gym. So now I'm fat and somewhat still broken lol, and workman’s comp doesn’t pay all that well. I’ve missed out on so many great rim deals it’s been killing me lol.

wytstang said:
Since Jan. of this year I've been dealing with my knee. I have a torn medial meniscus a.k.a cartilage in my right knee that has had me grounded from working, and working out in the gym. So now I'm fat and somewhat still broken lol, and workman’s comp doesn’t pay all that well. I’ve missed out on so many great rim deals it’s been killing me lol.

I feel for ya man, while I'm making payments to Chad for an $1100 tranny, tons of greats deal have popped up I'd like to jump on :nonono:

Only $165 left to pay off though :banana:

Lets see, poped right knee playing baseball (slide into 2nd and short stop tried to tag me out with a shoulder block) next season tore up ankle (very bad, would have been better off breaking it) again sliding into 2nd base, only this time 2nd basemen landed on my leg pushing knee one way and pinning my ankle over in the opposite direction. Hence I no longer play baseball! Same freaking leg! Broke pinky and index finger on same hand playing football. Broken toes on both feet (drunk & stupid) riding tobogan down steep hill and hit tree.

Nasty burn on forearm at work when my coveralls caught fire, caustic burn on back of leg from work.

Three winters ago slipped on ice in the driveway and poped knee again, required surgury to repair(didn't work) I no longer have cartilidge in right knee.

flew off my bike doing 40, landed in some guys yard, ironic think is he had a cement walkway that i hit dead on. all i got was some pretty awesome scars, i was wearing a helmit but never once hit my head, which i guess is a good thing.

:nice:
CManT1914 said:
Well probably not my worst, but still pretty bad. I managed to accidentally stick a sheetrock saw through my hand yesterday. It was laying on the slab, and I went to pick it up, well my foot caught the edge of it right as I grabbed for it, and it snapped up and right through my hand. :bang: It went in right next to the thumb (in the palm area) next to the muscle and come out between one of my veins and bone. Luckily the doctor said I didn't sever the nerve branch right there, but he said I might have damaged it, since I can't feel a whole lot in my thumb and forefinger. I had to get a tetanus shot and some antibiotics. It's a real bummer, cus it made wiring my shift light today extremely difficult, lol. It also makes typing a real PITA, lol. Here's some pics of the saw for you non-costruction guys.
attachment.php

attachment.php

EDIT: fixed the pics

from the looks of the pic though, they gave you a nice hefty bottle of oxycodone. :nice:

last year on the night before thanksgiving I got attacked by a drunken redneck with a roll of quarters in his hand. he hit me square on my left eye. my nose broke, the orbital eyewall broke and collapsed so my eye actually went back in my head and down a little bit, severed the nerve to the right side of my face, and my sinuses filled with blood. I had to have surgery on the eyewall, so now everything is back in place and looks fine, but I have a titanium plate bracing the orbital wall under my eye, and yes i do set off metal detectors :rolleyes:. I just completly got the feeling back in my face last month. i have to go to court this summer to tesify against the mother****er, he ended up getting charged with felony assult inflicting serious injury or something like that. then after the criminal trial we are suing his sorry ass.

STM1965 said:
Lets see, poped right knee playing baseball (slide into 2nd and short stop tried to tag me out with a shoulder block) next season tore up ankle (very bad, would have been better off breaking it) again sliding into 2nd base, only this time 2nd basemen landed on my leg pushing knee one way and pinning my ankle over in the opposite direction. Hence I no longer play baseball! Same freaking leg! Broke pinky and index finger on same hand playing football. Broken toes on both feet (drunk & stupid) riding tobogan down steep hill and hit tree.

Nasty burn on forearm at work when my coveralls caught fire, caustic burn on back of leg from work.

Three winters ago slipped on ice in the driveway and poped knee again, required surgury to repair(didn't work) I no longer have cartilidge in right knee.

dude you seem to enjoy kicking your own ass :bang:

I'm an amateur wrestler..... been lucky so far, though.....

Broke sternum (breastbone)..... that one royally sucked.

Lots of knee troubles.

Broke radius (sp?) in arm.

Broke nose 3 times.

Broke right hand in 3 places... at one time.

Cracked collar bone.

Ribs broken several times.

Still non-fraudulently enlisted in the Army.... but I don't think they cared at the time.....

Worst ever...hmm...

Compound fracture in my leg sustained during a football game. I was left tackle. I was blocking and our running back was hitting the hole between me and the guard. A linebacker had gotten around the end and was behind me. I was locked up with a defensive lineman when the running back got hit from behind, and landed on my outstretched lower leg. CRACK!! It sounded like a gunshot. Everyone stopped and looked. Both bones in my lower leg had broken, and the larger bone, the tibia I believe, had broken through my skin. It was disgusting.