WTF?

Modular2v

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
oklahoma
Took the car out to the track with some bfg drag radials and got a disappointing ET and mph! I know the 60ft is trash but i was expecting a little better!

Mods are in my sig and this is what the slip reads.

RT: .498
60ft: 2.007 (horrible i know, but this was my first time to race with drag radials, most of the time i use slicks)
330ft: 5.674
1/8th: [email protected]
1000ft: 11.191
1/4: [email protected]

I only got to make 1 pass. It was humid and warm. I also added subframe connectors. Im thinking the car needs a tune pretty badly????

• Sponsors (?)

When my 95 only had exhaust and my tranny was starting to go out on me I ran

R/T: .074
60': 2.276
330: 6.570
1/8: 9.956
MPH: 72.83
1000: 12.832
1/4: 15.267
MPH: 93.37

So that's only a difference of 2.435. Perfectly normal man. Did you have wheel spin at any of your shifts or on launch? You should be into the 12s with a good launch. Also, how hot was the car when you made your run? If it's really humid your car wouldn't like that either. Have you spent much time at the track? experience is a biggy. The car might need a little tuning, but you sound like you're doing fine. making only 1 run makes it hard to see if you need practice or if it's the car too, but :nice: with a 13.3 on one run

Your mph is pretty healthy for a low 13 second pass...i was going 107 with a 12.8. The 60 isn't great so get that down a couple tenths. How well can you drive? What did you launch at, what do you shift at? Is your mod list totally complete (as in, do you have headers, short belt, pulleys etc). I would think that with your heads and cam you should be as quick as my car was...but then i drive mine without mercy..lol.

The 60' times are definitely weak, either spinning a lot or bogging. It takes practice and effort to get the short times right.

I personally tried several different air pressures in my MT drag radials, different burnout types (waterbox and bake them, dry hops...no water)..

In the end I have a best of 1.5 60' and 7.87 @ 96 mph in the 1/8th.

There may be a big disadvantage for you in Oklahoma based on sea level, what elevation is your track? The mods you have listed should produce lower e.t.'s. Keep practicing, figure out how high RPM's you can launch at without spinning (if your suspension and torque boxes are done.... mine are welded and I have installed rear upper/lower CA's)

i dont see that combo going deep into the 12's. I see it running 12.7's maybe with some traction. if you can get that sixty down even to a 1.8X you are looking at 12's with no other changes. maybe with some better air, and a better hook, it'll run better.

im assuming you havent listed your exhaust mods? If you are still running through a stock H-pipe and stock manifolds with that combo, you are choking the life out of it

BBK equal lengths with o/r h pipe. I also have a some longtubes with matching h pipe sitting in the shop i have been thinking about putting on. I dont see how this combo doesnt run mid 12s honestly.....i have seen people run 12.1xs with less:shrug:
I also find it a little pathetic that my 03gt almost ran the same time with just gears, exhaust and sticky tires!

I have plenty of experience driving...just not on drag radials.

Sorry if it came across like I was saying you didn't know how to drive.... I was trying to say that there is a learning curve going to DR's but really, all it takes is seat time with them to get it dialed in.

I run mine at around 12-14 pounds and do a decent burnout... but, my track is at or below sea level. Also, the track I go to is 1/8th mile so I'm probably not qualified to give advice on what the top end is looking like.

What RPM are you crossing the timing beams at?

Sorry if it came across like I was saying you didn't know how to drive.... I was trying to say that there is a learning curve going to DR's but really, all it takes is seat time with them to get it dialed in.

I run mine at around 12-14 pounds and do a decent burnout... but, my track is at or below sea level. Also, the track I go to is 1/8th mile so I'm probably not qualified to give advice on what the top end is looking like.

What RPM are you crossing the timing beams at?

No problem man, i knew you were not being a smart ass!:nice: Im crossing the traps at around 5200 in 4th if im not mistaken

I don't know where the issue is, but the combo should deliver better times. I'm not seeing mid or low 12's like Cobra Dusten said... Either way, keep going and changing things... good luck.

How opposed to a small nitrous shot? Woke my car up for sure.

I don't know where the issue is, but the combo should deliver better times. I'm not seeing mid or low 12's like Cobra Dusten said... Either way, keep going and changing things... good luck.

How opposed to a small nitrous shot? Woke my car up for sure.

LOL already have a NX kit hooked up, just have to fill the bottle:nice: I was making sure the car was running the way it was suppose to all motor b4 i hose it:D oh well....11s will be in reach with the flip of a switch!