yet another exhaust thread

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Eon_Anadlas, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Eon_Anadlas

Eon_Anadlas New Member

hey everyone...i'm about to run a true dual exhaust on my stang and i need to get opinions as to whether to run an "h" or "x" pipe and also what kind of exhaust to run...i'm looking for great sound and maybe a few added horses...i was going to run long tube headers but i hear they're hard to install cause the passenger ones bump or something...but if that's the case i'll probably run shorty's. Thanks for the help.

2. OxMox

OxMox turkeysammichesonhisface

:shrug:

For the most part i'd go with exhaust systems for a GT, they're nicer and sound better than the ones made for V6'es. If you're going to run tru-duals then you can more or less get whatever you want (excpet for '03-'04 cobra exhaust). I like SLP products

www.rpmoutlet.com
    www.v6mustangstuff.com
    www.mustangtuning.com

3. TMX

TMX New Member

One problem with long tubes is they hang low. If you lower your car and put LTs on, don't go over bumps. In fact, watch out for speedbumps even if you don't lower it.

4. Engage47

Engage47 Banned

dont waist money on LT's and if you need a good reason why give the guys at RPM a call theyer the BOMB on V6 info and whatnots<as in what not to do ;)

5. 04YELLOWGT

04YELLOWGT Active Member

Partshopper has some good deals too. $100 off Magnaflow Catback. If you want to free up the most power get an O/R X.

6. Eon_Anadlas

Eon_Anadlas New Member

ok, what exactly is the difference between the "off-road" version?

7. TMX

TMX New Member

No cat converters. If you have emmission laws you wont pass inspection. It frees up HP and makes the exhaust louder.

8. thebigcd89

thebigcd89 New Member

Wait so, pretty much any GT exhaust will fit on a V6? So if I went and got a GT x-pipe with duals... from lets say Flowmaster, would it fit on my v6? with the gt hangers and etc.? or would I need to do some modifying?
    I have been having so much trouble finding catted x-pipes with true duals for my 02 v6... so if GT exhaust will fit then iight i'll get those, cuz they're more widely available too...

9. Give Me TP

Give Me TP New Member

A GT X-pipe (midpipe) will not fit a V6 without modification; pretty much any GT catback will fit on a V6 once you change the stock Y-pipe to a dual midpipe, either by having one fabricated from behind your stock cats or replacing your Y-pipe with a catted X-pipe.

I saw that Mustang Tuning was temporarily out of stock on catted X-pipes, however v6mustangstuff.com or pypesexhaust.com might have them.

10. thebigcd89

thebigcd89 New Member

Yeah I got a couple catted X pipe sites, i think i'll just get a Pypes X, withsome other GT cat back... will all the hanger stuff fit right on the v6? or will I need to modify that stuff or get the v6 hangers?

11. Give Me TP

Give Me TP New Member

For the catback you will need a right side muffler hanger and two exhaust tip hangers. Consider getting a GT bumper cover also with the correct cutouts for the exhaust tips. Some '99-'04 V6's with dual exhaust conversions run the tips under the stock bumper cover; personally I don't like the appearance when they are done that way.