yet another exhaust thread

Eon_Anadlas

Jan 22, 2004
hey everyone...i'm about to run a true dual exhaust on my stang and i need to get opinions as to whether to run an "h" or "x" pipe and also what kind of exhaust to run...i'm looking for great sound and maybe a few added horses...i was going to run long tube headers but i hear they're hard to install cause the passenger ones bump or something...but if that's the case i'll probably run shorty's. Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

One problem with long tubes is they hang low. If you lower your car and put LTs on, don't go over bumps. In fact, watch out for speedbumps even if you don't lower it.

Wait so, pretty much any GT exhaust will fit on a V6? So if I went and got a GT x-pipe with duals... from lets say Flowmaster, would it fit on my v6? with the gt hangers and etc.? or would I need to do some modifying?
I have been having so much trouble finding catted x-pipes with true duals for my 02 v6... so if GT exhaust will fit then iight i'll get those, cuz they're more widely available too...

A GT X-pipe (midpipe) will not fit a V6 without modification; pretty much any GT catback will fit on a V6 once you change the stock Y-pipe to a dual midpipe, either by having one fabricated from behind your stock cats or replacing your Y-pipe with a catted X-pipe.

I saw that Mustang Tuning was temporarily out of stock on catted X-pipes, however v6mustangstuff.com or pypesexhaust.com might have them.

For the catback you will need a right side muffler hanger and two exhaust tip hangers. Consider getting a GT bumper cover also with the correct cutouts for the exhaust tips. Some '99-'04 V6's with dual exhaust conversions run the tips under the stock bumper cover; personally I don't like the appearance when they are done that way.