Zymol Cleaner Wax

• Sponsors (?)

There is nothing wrong with it. I used it for a long time before I found Autopia and I still keep a bottle or two of it around. The only gripe I have with it is that it will stain black plastic and rubber trim white and it can be difficult to remove if you like to apply to the whole car and then go back and start wiping. If you are careful not to get it on your trim and you apply and remove one section at a time you can't go wrong with it.

Here is a picture of my GT with Zymol Cleaner wax on it.
2760frontquarterzymol.jpg

wow, rjstaaf, not only is your pic awesome, it so happens that we have identical cars. The problem that I am having with my laser red paint is that the surface is just too rough. It shines nicely, but I can't seem to get the "glass" finish that I want.

rjstaaf said:
There is nothing wrong with it. I used it for a long time before I found Autopia and I still keep a bottle or two of it around. The only gripe I have with it is that it will stain black plastic and rubber trim white and it can be difficult to remove if you like to apply to the whole car and then go back and start wiping. If you are careful not to get it on your trim and you apply and remove one section at a time you can't go wrong with it.

Here is a picture of my GT with Zymol Cleaner wax on it.
2760frontquarterzymol.jpg

rjstaaf said:
Try a clay bar kit. I really like the Mothers kit. You should be able to find it at most auto parts stores. I am assuming you don't have any oxidation and it is just bonded contaminates.

yep, definetly use the clay bar. it will make the surface smooth as glass. you should wash your car with liquid dawn soap (blue colored dawn) to remove all the old wax on your car. this will not hurt the clear coat or the finish of the car if you only do it to remove the old wax. dont do this every wash though. then clay bar you car, then rewash using some kind of high quality car wash, Meguires NXT or Zaino car wash. then wax your car. You should consider going to walmart or target and picking up somee Meguires NXT Tech Wax if you do not feel like paying so much for Zaino (well worth it though). The NXT will give you that shine you are looking for :nice: