07 mustang gt engine wiring harness

S197Rey

Jan 27, 2020
California
I need an engine wiring harness for my 2007 mustang gt manual trans. I want to know if I can use an engine harness from an f150 with the same engine or a 5.4l? Or if I can use the harness from years 2005 to 2006 mustangs?

• Sponsors (?)

Hi,
A shop Manual & the diagrams within it will make this & future tasks considerably easier for you.

Since (as I am interpreting it) you’re running the vehicles stock drivetrain, cost will be no different that other GT harnesses, why not just seek out a used 07’ GT harness? (Very available, cost range’s from 90$-300$, Avg. 200$.). If you’re trying to save $$, this isn’t the area to do it. The Harness needs to be, and be installed -solid.

To answer fit for 05’-06’, the later GT’s (08’-2010) Engine/EEC harnesses will work for 07’ s with minimal differences..Ideal is exact replacement. The 05’-06’ GT’s are only helpful to each other in this capacity.

Uncertain about an 07’ F150, but as these are (2) entirely different vehicles of purpose & proportion, imo, in your best interests, stick Mustang to Mustang & avoid headaches.
Good luck!
-John

Ok thanks! By any chance do you know if it makes a difference if the car is manual or automatic for the wiring harness?
Hi,
In trying to help all I can to make this simple & error free for you..IMHO, your best bet is to get the harness designed for the same car year, engine and transmission type. Ford does make small mod’s in parts of their harnesses, sometimes EEC pinouts, sometimes connector type(s) change, etc.
It’s not that it cannot be done, it certainly can be, but if you want plug & play, get a used harness that’s designed for your car and it’s specifics, install it in a few hours and be done with it. They are available in abundance, costs are the same, save yourself from any hassle’s.
If there was an availability issue, it would make absolute sense to modify what’s necessary in order to make it work.. but more 07’ 5 speed Mustangs were totaled than auto’s, their harnesses; plentiful.
As mentioned, I recommend purchasing a Haynes shop manual so you can view the harness differences in the back, changes across the years of the S197’s, they’re helpful in too many other ways to list.
I’m curious, this isn’t an engine/tranny swap from one year vehicle to another- correct?. I think this is the first time I’ve seen necessity for a replacement OE harness for the original power train that came with the vehicle.(?)
-John
Edit: What occurred to the original harness, a fire or are you suspecting a harness with multiple bad connections?...

Last edited:
I need an engine wiring harness for my 2007 mustang gt manual trans. I want to know if I can use an engine harness from an f150 with the same engine or a 5.4l? Or if I can use the harness from years 2005 to 2006 mustangs?

Get a harness from an 07. The 05 and 06 are not pin compatible. Connector C110 is also different on the 05 to 06 harnesses and there can be up to 10 wires there alone to change over to an 07 harness. I swapped a 07 4.6L into my 4.0L '06 and ran into these problems. I just got a 06 harness. Also, the automatic and manual harnesses are different, so buy accordingly.

Reactions: 1 user
Get a harness from an 07. The 05 and 06 are not pin compatible. Connector C110 is also different on the 05 to 06 harnesses and there can be up to 10 wires there alone to change over to an 07 harness. I swapped a 07 4.6L into my 4.0L '06 and ran into these problems. I just got a 06 harness. Also, the automatic and manual harnesses are different, so buy accordingly.

I ran into the same problems swapping an 08 4.6 into my 06 4.0. I have a donor car so I swapped in the engine harness along with computer and keys/ignition. I found out that the body harness and connector c110 you speak of are different between those years.
You said you got an 06 4.6 engine harness. My question to you is which computer did you use? Did you use the 07 4.6 computer, or did you order a 06 4.6 computer that matches your harness you bought?
Any help is greatly appreciated! I want to drive my car again haha

I ran into the same problems swapping an 08 4.6 into my 06 4.0. I have a donor car so I swapped in the engine harness along with computer and keys/ignition. I found out that the body harness and connector c110 you speak of are different between those years.
You said you got an 06 4.6 engine harness. My question to you is which computer did you use? Did you use the 07 4.6 computer, or did you order a 06 4.6 computer that matches your harness you bought?
Any help is greatly appreciated! I want to drive my car again haha

I used the 06 harness with the 06 computer and had my tuner disable the PATS system. Basically the engines are the same from 05 to 09 (4.6Ls) except the revised spark plugs in the 08+ engines. The 05/06 years should be used with an 05/06 engine harness. I have a spare 06 harness for a manual car and a PCM from the same year if you need it.

I used the 06 harness with the 06 computer and had my tuner disable the PATS system. Basically the engines are the same from 05 to 09 (4.6Ls) except the revised spark plugs in the 08+ engines. The 05/06 years should be used with an 05/06 engine harness. I have a spare 06 harness for a manual car and a PCM from the same year if you need it.
Yes I need it! Can you PM me so I can contact you?

“the revised spark plugs in the 08+ engines”
You mean the 2 Pc plugs that sheared in half leaving the the plug’s threads stuck in the heads?:oops:

Yeah, those stupid ones. I think it was 08 or 09 when they stopped using the crappy two piece design. That engineer should never be allowed to design anything automotive ever again! I got super lucky when I pulled my original plugs as none of them broke. I filled each plug hole with deep creep and let it set for 24 hours before I attempted to take them out.

Hey man u wouldn't still happen. To have that wire harness would you i been searching everywere for one

Not intentionally highjacking this thread but it seems like you guys really know what's going on.

Here's my original post over at s197...
(https://www.s197forum.com/threads/a...g-harnesses-2006-to-2007.139172/#post-2509428)
... Basically, I swapped to a TR6060 from an Automatic and have had harness issues ever since.

Right now I'm sitting on a 06 Auto PCM and harness (okay shape). A 06 Manual PCM and harness (toast). And a 07 Manual PCM and Harness (decent shape).

My 06 Manual one is cooked... came out of an abused car. Basically needs to be completely rewired/reloomed/new connectors. I spoke to a company that could do all that for me... Looked to be about a 1000-1500 dollar job.

I really thought I had lucked out getting the 07 harness... But upon getting them next to each other I noticed the A/C clutch connector is missing on the 07... And upon reading this thread it sounds like that may not be all that's different.

Trust me... If I could find a clean 06 GT manual harness I'D RUN IT. But I looked for some time and never found anything except for this 07 one I got. Any advice is greatly appreciated.