'11 GT 5.0 badge

Not my ass. Not by a long shot.
Kurt

You can knock how it looks but performance wise...it cant be denied kurt. Look at what all you have done to your car and you are "only" .3 tenths faster.

You said minor bolt ons....slicks...and it ran a 11.8? And you continue to knock it for being so "heavy". For such a heavy car, it surely is knocking on your fender WITHOUT nitrous. Now imagine he goes out and spends $400 bucks for a little shot....

see ya! lol.:D

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, not quite 30 grand in the car. Car and Driver rated the car at a 13.2 quarter mile. The transmission in that car is really going to hold it back. Ford didn't want to chump up the change for a TR-6060, so they put an el cheapo Getrag in there. You have to wait till 5th gear to get a 1:1 ratio. That means 4 shifts at the track instead of 3. Anyone who wants to use a new 5.0 car for drag racing is going to have to contend with the transmission in in first.

Kurt

You're getting A LOT for that 30 grand. The last thing that's an improvement is the drivetrain. It's a brand new car for crying out loud. With a warranty. Let's see how many "brand new" sn95s are out there that can compare in fit/finish/condition. Ask blackvert how much he's spent trying to get his vert back to new condition.

I wouldn't buy one. I'm just saying....if u like the looks then it's a hell of a package for a mustang. No mustang before has ever come so well equipped to perform. (short of 03/04 cobras and gt500s obviously)

03/04 Cobra pwns the new Mustangs, I don't care what anyone says. To me the 03/04 Cobras were a nice package. Yes, the newer Mustangs have all the nice suspension and brakes to make them nice and now with alot more HP, but I'm just tired of the retro thing. I think in 2010 they should have put that baby to bed and gave us something new and cutting edge to look at. They were making steps forward from 79 to 04 then took a huge step backwards in styling!

Problem is, Ford knows all these baby boomers are thinking back about mom and dad's old Mustangs so they'll go for the styling. I guess you do what makes money and my hat is off to Ford for staying afloat during these hard times.

Now that I agree 100%. I'm praying that happens in 2015.

I'm not surprised they didn't change it. The camaro and challenger are just now doing the retro thing. They instead did a subtle change (less drastic version of the 98 to 99 change).

My fingers are crossed for a step in the future not into the past!

Yeah, I hate the retro thing. Just for clarification, I don't care what warranty a car comes with. My cars don't go to the dealer for service, warranty or not. Just had too many bad experiences.

Kurt