1966 Clutch

I have a 1966 Mustang and I just put a T-5 transmission in it using the stock bellhousing and an adapter plate, but my stock clutch equalizer bar won't fit with my JBA headers. Is there any other type of clutch linkage that I can use, like cable or hydralic with a stock bellhousing?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure about this one as I always use the late model 5.0 bellhousing and a cable clutch becuase it is just like in a stock late model which simplifies things in my opinion. Due to the way the clutch is actuated on a 66 bellhousing I think you will have to use a hydraulic clutch but I do not have the info on where to get one but I'm sure someone here has done this before.

golf4283 said:
go to steves mustang site http://www.mustangsteve.com/ and u can either purchase the stuff to weld on to setup a nice cable clutch or you can buy the whole pedal assembly. This is what I will be using when I get around to my cable clutch conversion.

Mustang Steve's stuff is designed to work with the late model bellhousing last time I checked and he has the early factory bellhousing so he needs something totally different since it is a push, not pull system.

JB66 said:
Sorry, Ronstang, but I don't know the guy. Just trying to help out. I take it that you're not too happy with him?

Hey, no worries and you are helping out and that is what this hobby is all about but Ron Bramlett is a taker and an egomaniac who just wants to pad his wallet at your and everyone else's expense. I am not going to get into all the reasons people should stay away from Mustangs Plus because I would be up all night but let's suffice it to say that anyone that thinks he should own the copyright to the term "restomod" doesn't deserve our business. I won't even get into the whole TCP thing.............