1967 unidentified foot lever

• Sponsors (?)

Thats what I was hoping, cause when I stepped on it....the wipers moved!!! Weird, why there? When there is a switch within hands reach????

:nono: Why is it there ? :rlaugh: Because way back when, someone figured out that a person's left foot didn't have any function in operating a car. Soooooooo............................they thoughtfully placed the dimmer switch and intermittant wiper control down there so your left foot would have something to do. Which freed up a person's hands to keep them on the wheel, where they need to be with 75% of drivers on the road. Now there's so much :bs: mounted on the steering column, it litterally takes a genius to figure it all out. :eek:

one note of caution ..... that lever does actuate a pump for the w/s washer (one push, one squirt) .... those pumps can develop leaks and since the pump body is located in the cabin, washer fluid can drip down along the floorboard and eventually rot out the metal around the dimmer switch and other places .... actually since the washer reservoir is located above the pump, the fluid will syphon out and drain the reservoir -- so you'll keep filling the bottle and wondering why you're using so much fluid .....I know - happened on my '67 .... so ensure the pump doesn't leak ..... I haven't located a rebuild kit for it but I haven't searched hard for one either .... good luck ... 67GTFB