Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one question: where are you going to put all the other "stuff" that having a house with a yard requires- riding lawn mower, weed whacker, sidewalk trimmer, fertilizer, garden sprayer, etc.

I have a 2 car His and Hers garage. My wife's side is filled with all that "stuff" except for a narrow pathway to the fridge and door to the kitchen. She is a garden nut so she doesn't complain that her "stuff" takes up one side of the garage.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

You could always widen the single car garage...and take that non- support wall down to make it deeper.

If that's a load bearing wall an I beam and posts will make quick work of it. You have a house and indoor space.... That means you have options.

81fs6fty7nl-_sl1500_-jpg.583383.jpg

Needs machine guns. :shrug:

It will cost him $80 'cause he'll have to build one twice! :stick:

Yikes... :nonono: That was just not nice. :(

...but I LoL'd :rlaugh:

I have one question: where are you going to put all the other "stuff" that having a house with a yard requires- riding lawn mower, weed whacker, sidewalk trimmer, fertilizer, garden sprayer, etc.

I have a 2 car His and Hers garage. My wife's side is filled with all that "stuff" except for a narrow pathway to the fridge and door to the kitchen. She is a garden nut so she doesn't complain that her "stuff" takes up one side of the garage.

We do not own a riding/push mower/weed wacker/sidewalk trimmer,.......therefore.......

I do not need to dedicate a space for that "stuff".

We have a lawn person that charges me 30.00 every other week for those necessities.....and in the Alabama heat,...30.00 istoo cheap NOT to take advantage of.

Reactions: 5 users
That looks killer, like the windows and finished walls and tall ceiling. Cool set up

You could always widen the single car garage...and take that non- support wall down to make it deeper.

If that's a load bearing wall an I beam and posts will make quick work of it. You have a house and indoor space.... That means you have options.

img_0259a.jpg

Nice tall ceiling in there, get some high lift track for that garage door and ....BAM !!! Easy 4 post lift, could even go with a 2 post ?

That garage isn't where I'll be parking the car,..the upper garage is for the wife, and the mini (if I park it in there at all).
The walls are foundation walls in the basement one car garage,..they'll have to stay. Besides, the width isn't the problem here, it's the depth..(which is entirely fixable)

I'm gonna fix that in the near future,..but for now we are trying to get moved in.

The new decision dilemma is about a compressor..I said I was gonna buy the 30 gal unit that I pictured earlier, but the voice in my head screamed at me when I went to buy it.

Why do I need this?

I don't need the capacity anymore since I'm never gonna attempt another paint job, The most I could ever even remotely see me doing is finish painting the cowl flat black. I rarely use any regular non body work air tools.

I just need a source of compressed air to blow things off,..to fill things (like a tire), and to be able to test things like the electric boost controller. And all of that can be accomplished with a really small oil less version instead. I just don't think I want to pony up almost 500 for an air compressor when a 200.00 version will net the same result (albeit much more noisily).

The gears should be here tomorrow, and they'll go into a stand by mode waiting on that day.

Snow performance offered to discount the cost of their stage 1 kit by 25% off of retail. That's a savings of 75.00 off of what you could buy the thing for at Summit. I believe I'll take advantage of their offer. You guys know that I will have to have something to control the detonation, and this kit should not only allow me to do that. I'll be able to actually add timing back in in the upper boost zones.

Reactions: 5 users
The monster and you both will love the 3.31's. Congrats on the house and garage(s). Looks like a very nice place for you and the Mrs.

And 30.00 biweekly?....that's nearly slavery prices! Then again you are in the south:rolleyes:

You need another teenager. I pay my 16 yr old $20-30 to cut the grass. The price depends on how soon he does it after I ask and if I have to go behind him and sweep. Let's see the progress on the Monster wall. I wish my garage was about 5 ft deeper myself!

Congrats on the Snow Performance deal.

You need another teenager. I pay my 16 yr old $20-30 to cut the grass. The price depends on how soon he does it after I ask and if I have to go behind him and sweep. Let's see the progress on the Monster wall. I wish my garage was about 5 ft deeper myself!

Congrats on the Snow Performance deal.
Slap yourself for saying that. I do not need another teenager. The two 20 somethings are proof of that.

Reactions: 2 users
well,...I was getting ready to create a separate thread complaining about choosing a compressor to replace the upright that I left at the old house. The dilemma was that I almost really didn't even need a compressor, but didn't want to settle for one of those noisy assed oil-less units that are typically the "cheaper" units.

I had a whole rant thread written, and was getting ready to offer pictures as examples..when I come across this thing...

885911457705.jpg

For 135.00.
Now the picture is deceptive,.....this is a tiny little compressor, it only holds 6 gallons. (as opposed to the 60 gallon unit I left behind) But it isn't an oil less unit. It should be quieter. (comparatively)

But for 135 bucks,...and shipping was free, sold by lowes, w/ a Dewalt name on it....why wouldn't I?

I did.

Reactions: 3 users
well,...I was getting ready to create a separate thread complaining about choosing a compressor to replace the upright that I left at the old house. The dilemma was that I almost really didn't even need a compressor, but didn't want to settle for one of those noisy assed oil-less units that are typically the "cheaper" units.

I had a whole rant thread written, and was getting ready to offer pictures as examples..when I come across this thing...

885911457705.jpg

For 135.00.
Now the picture is deceptive,.....this is a tiny little compressor, it only holds 6 gallons. (as opposed to the 60 gallon unit I left behind) But it isn't an oil less unit. It should be quieter. (comparatively)

But for 135 bucks,...and shipping was free, sold by lowes, w/ a Dewalt name on it....why wouldn't I?

I did.

Let me know how it does with air-tools.

885911457705.jpg

For 135.00.

I did.

I'm with Noobz on this one.

I probably will never paint an car, but I have an air drill, air sander, air ratchet. air die grinder. air cutoff tool and 3/8" air impact, all of which I am very fond of using. Even with a 60 gallon air compressor similar to the one Mike had, it doesn't take long at all with the air sander, die grinder, cutoff tool or air drill for the compressor to kick in and run. The air sander uses the most air, and with continuous use, the compressor motor will shutdown because it tripped the overtemp safety switch. I added a small tabletop fan to blow on the compressor motor to keep the temperature down so that it doesn't trip the overtemp safety switch.

I'm from the country ( way back in the woods ) my uncle had an old air compressor tank that he'd fill with a bicycle. He made a bracket to fit the compressor and would drag it around on a cart with the tractor. This old black guy would hop on that contraption and pedal away. Sure enough it would build pressure in the tank....and it was quite as hell. I think of him every time I see a compressor with a bad motor on Craigslist....I just don't think I'm in shape enough for all that pedlin'. :O_o:

You could always combine your new bike with a compressor and exercise and fill the tank at the same time...all you need is a compressor, compressor tank, bike, and a long v belt.

Reactions: 1 users

I'm with Noobz on this one.

I probably will never paint an car, but I have an air drill, air sander, air ratchet. air die grinder. air cutoff tool and 3/8" air impact, all of which I am very fond of using. Even with a 60 gallon air compressor similar to the one Mike had, it doesn't take long at all with the air sander, die grinder, cutoff tool or air drill for the compressor to kick in and run. The air sander uses the most air, and with continuous use, the compressor motor will shutdown because it tripped the overtemp safety switch. I added a small tabletop fan to blow on the compressor motor to keep the temperature down so that it doesn't trip the overtemp safety switch.

I've said it before,..I don't use air tools. I don't care how it "does with air tools."

I'm from the country ( way back in the woods ) my uncle had an old air compressor tank that he'd fill with a bicycle. He made a bracket to fit the compressor and would drag it around on a cart with the tractor. This old black guy would hop on that contraption and pedal away. Sure enough it would build pressure in the tank....and it was quite as hell. I think of him every time I see a compressor with a bad motor on Craigslist....I just don't think I'm in shape enough for all that pedlin'. :O_o:

You could always combine your new bike with a compressor and exercise and fill the tank at the same time...all you need is a compressor, compressor tank, bike, and a long v belt.

The compressor only has to blow air for the most part. Every air tool that I've have, (save for a die grinder) has sat in the drawer, unused because I prefer the electric version to the air diven one every time.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.